Snow and Viking Air package

newcruiser1956

I am sorry if this has been answered before, I have searched the boards to try to find an answer first, new cruiser.

Hi, I have a Christmas cruise booked and will be flying out of NC to NYC to Spain using Viking air package

What happens if there is a big snow storm in NYC that shuts down the airport for a day or 2?

Yes I am flying in early, (taking the 2 days pre-cruise in Barcelona) Yes I have insurance (I learned from you guys)

Who do I call if we are grounded to get a new flight booked? Viking or do I deal with the airline?

Will Viking put us in a hotel over night or is that my problem?

Just trying to make sure I have all bases covered :)

Thanks!

That is a good question, and I will be curious to learn the answer. We have had flights canceled because of airline issues before (Barcelona), and missed connecting flights because of delays before (Frankfurt). In those cases, we were at the airport, and the airlines rebooked us, and provided hotel rooms, meals, and transportation. I think weather related cancellations are different.

There are also legal requirements in the EU that govern passenger rights to reimbursement under given conditions regarding excessive delays and cancellations on flights that originate in the EU. We actually received a refund for our cancelled flight in Barcelona, in addition to the rebooked flight and hotel etc.

I am sorry if this has been answered before, I have searched the boards to try to find an answer first, new cruiser.

Hi, I have a Christmas cruise booked and will be flying out of NC to NYC to Spain using Viking air package

What happens if there is a big snow storm in NYC that shuts down the airport for a day or 2?

Yes I am flying in early, (taking the 2 days pre-cruise in Barcelona) Yes I have insurance (I learned from you guys)

Who do I call if we are grounded to get a new flight booked? Viking or do I deal with the airline?

Will Viking put us in a hotel over night or is that my problem?

Just trying to make sure I have all bases covered :)

Thanks!

I would ask Viking directly tellus@vikingcruise.com. Everyone has a story and everyone's case is different. We almost missed our connecting flight due to delay. Lufthansa delayed a little next flight to accommodate us-apparently there were 12 people on our original flight (I suspect all Vikings. There were a few with Viking red tags).

We didn't have insurance and Viking has an emergency number IF you didn't book through 3rd party OR have insurance. My understanding and i believe i saw an explanation that either 3rd party takes over or your insurance kicks in. Anyway, you could find that info in MyVikingJourney in Air Service section (small print). So I would ask Viking directly to be sure 100%. We all could speculate but only they have a correct answer.