Unlimited Beverage Package Questions

GLDody

I am new to NCL and the last time I cruised (about 12 years ago) there was no UBP at all. We got the UBP included in our Panama Canal cruise for 11/2018, but I am not clear on what is included or not.

1. I think I understand that all cocktails over $15.00 will have an upcharge and you pay the price difference plus gratuity on the difference, is this correct?

2. Is soda, speciality coffee and bottled water included in the UBP?

3. It does not cover beverages delivered to your room by room service, correct?

4. Are alcoholic cocktails included in the UBP in ALL restaurants: dining room, speciality restaurants, pool side?

Any help you can provide will be appreciated, trying to get a full understanding of this package.

1. Yes, that's correct

2. Fountain soda - yes. Speciality coffee and water - No

3. Correct

4. There are a couple of exceptions (Ice Bar and the champagne by the glass in Le Bistro spring to mind) that aren't covered, but basically there are no restaurants or bars that are excluded from the UBP.

In preparing for my cruise in October, I thought I had the rules down pat. Reading here and the T&C's though has me a bit confused. On glasses of wine/champagne exceeding $15, are these just excluded altogether, or do you receive the $15 credit and pay the difference?

In preparing for my cruise in October, I thought I had the rules down pat. Reading here and the T&C's though has me a bit confused. On glasses of wine/champagne exceeding $15, are these just excluded altogether, or do you receive the $15 credit and pay the difference?

There is another thread about that - complicated wording by NCL. It should say they are excluded from the FREE part, but you can pay the difference. In the terms in condition in the earlier post on this thread:

Any items over $15 USD will receive a $15 USD discount and the guest will be charged the difference to their account

There is another thread about that - complicated wording by NCL. It should say they are excluded from the FREE part, but you can pay the difference. In the terms in condition in the earlier post on this thread:

Any items over $15 USD will receive a $15 USD discount and the guest will be charged the difference to their account

This is what I thought. But all drinks (including wine and champagne) are eligible for the $15 credit, correct?

This information is very helpful, thank you all.

When you say bottled water is not included, do you mean Perie bottled water or regular old bottled water is not included? If it is regular bottled water, where do you get regular water on the ship to drink? I like to have a glass of ice water next to my bed every night.

No bottled water is included.

You can get water from the dispensers in the buffet, or at any bar. I also find the water in the cabin to be fine (in small quantities at least), but some don't like that. If you fill a bottle from the buffet dispensers you are supposed to use cups to transfer for hygiene reasons.

If you really want the water out of a bottle then you will have to pay for it.

This information is very helpful, thank you all.

When you say bottled water is not included, do you mean Perie bottled water or regular old bottled water is not included? If it is regular bottled water, where do you get regular water on the ship to drink? I like to have a glass of ice water next to my bed every night.

All bottled water is not included. Your room steward will leave ice in your cabin and there are glasses. Can fill them with water from the sink or buffet. All water onboard is safe to drink. Free tap water will be available at all bars and dining venues also.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Once again, ALL the information on the UBP is here:

https://www.ncl.com/terms/ultimate-beverage-package

Including that answer.

From a strictly LEGAL reading of the T&C, it says certain things are excluded. I realize that this is not the case in practical terms, but wording in the T&C is not clear. Or it's wrong. Take your pick.

Once again, ALL the information on the UBP is here:

https://www.ncl.com/terms/ultimate-beverage-package

Including that answer.

Thank you again for the link that I obviously already consulted, and then asked for clarification on. Your post is so helpful. I am used to reading legal documents, technical documents, and terms and conditions on a daily basis, but these are not clear with respect to what I am asking. Therefore, am asking for someone with personal experience to weigh in on how NCL handles these. If you don't have insight to help, that is fine. Neither do I. I would appreciate additional information, though, rather than another person trying to insinuate my stupidity.

Thank you again for the link that I obviously already consulted, and then asked for clarification on. Your post is so helpful. I am used to reading legal documents, technical documents, and terms and conditions on a daily basis, but these are not clear with respect to what I am asking. Therefore, am asking for someone with personal experience to weigh in on how NCL handles these. If you don't have insight to help, that is fine. Neither do I. I would appreciate additional information, though, rather than another person trying to insinuate my stupidity.

I wasn't trying to insinuate your stupidity. But maybe if you posted something like "I read the T&C and still do not understand..." it would be clear to others that you had read the thing.

The problem is that "Super Premium Brands" are not included and the list of those is undefined -- which introduces a great deal of confusion.

The best help I can offer is the list that was available a few years ago that showed was was included and what wasn't. Looking at the list, one can reasonably assume that super-premium and ultra-premium brands would be the brands excluded from the current UBP terms.

https://mrose.org/cc/BeverageBrandsList2013.pdf

I hope this was helpful.

Keith

Is LaBistro the only one to exclude glasses of Champaigne with dinner ?Is that in NCL rules ?

Mike

Keep in mind that I don't usually drink champagne, and have never ordered it on a NCL ship, so none of this is from personal experience.

There is, as far as I know, no champagne available on the UBP. This is because the only place that sells it by the glass is Le Bistro (and even then I'm not sure it's on every Le Bistro menu). If you want a glass of sparkling wine on the UBP then it will be Prosecco.

Apparently, when people have tried to get the champagne from Le Bistro on the UBP they have been told that it isn't covered. It is therefore an alcoholic drink under $15 that isn't covered, and therefore may well be unique.

Can anyone confirm whether bar gratuities are charged to your sail account when you've selected the UBP as your Free At Sea promo? Our booking agent said no but a YouTube blog I've just watched says yes $14.26 pppd

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forums mobile app

It was my understanding that the UK guests don't pay gratuities on the UBP promo.

It was my understanding that the UK guests don't pay gratuities on the UBP promo.

Yes, that's correct. In the U.K. There is no gratuity to pay on the promo UBP, and for recent purchases there isn't really even the promo UBP as drinks are just included in the cruise fare.

In this case, there is no gratuity to pay upfront and nothing is charged to the onboard account.

The UBP covers almost everything you'd want to drink. There was literally only one drink we paid the $2 difference for it was called a dark and stormy. We drank Tanqueray or Bombay and tonic. 7&7's, Jack and coke... all were included. I was actually quite impressed by the selection of brands. Keep in mind depending on your itinerary you'll pay tax too. We had 2 US ports (NYC and Port Canaveral) but it didn't amount to more than a few dollars. Also the UBP extends to Great Stirrup Cay if that is on your itinerary.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Keith

Is LaBistro the only one to exclude glasses of Champaigne with dinner ?Is that in NCL rules ?

Mike

Just off Escape on Saturday. Went to Le Bistro for dinner and on the menu it shows a 3 oz serving of Veuve Clicquot Brut for $12.00 per glass but they said it was not included and would I have to pay extra, I think it was $15 more but I'm not positive on that amount. I declined. Just checked and it is selling at Total Wine for $41.97 a bottle so they really should cover it but they don't.

Edited by tonit964
Added info

Just off Escape on Saturday. Went to Le Bistro for dinner and on the menu it shows a 3 oz serving of Veuve Clicquot Brut for $12.00 per glass but they said it was not included and would I have to pay extra, I think it was $15 more but I'm not positive on that amount. I declined.

They should spell that out in the terms and conditions, particularly if the UBP is worth negative three dollars for Champagne. ;)