Viking Sea Wine List?

vcdarty

I'm aware of Viking's generous bring your own wine policy with no corkage fee. (Query--is this unique among other lines? I've never seen it before.)

But it would be most helpful to get a look at the Viking Sea wine list and prices, if available, before deciding what if any wines to bring aboard. Oenophile friends just off Viking Sky were unhappy with the offerings.

Thanks. If this has been addressed already, apologies. We just booked a Sea TA and are new to this forum.

River cruise posts wines

http://wpc.475d.edgecastcdn.net/00475D/mvj/onboardbeveragemenu_europe.pdf

but can't find OCEAN cruise info. Viking OCEAN does say regarding their Silver Spirits Premium Package

• Selection of applicable wines change twice per cruise

and I know that the "standard" wines are supposed to change during a cruise as well.

"Oenophile friends just off Viking Sky were unhappy with the offerings."

If your tastes are the same, I'd suspect that you will not be thrilled. They're fine for me but not for enthusiasts.

We enjoy good wines & based on wines from our past Viking trips, as well as reading posts since our cruises, I would suggest that the wines served with meals are not at all high end - not that I really expected the included wines to be. Some were better than others and if you REALLY don't like one being served, the servers will go out of their way to find a different 'included' offering for you....but please go with the realization that they are not mid-high end wines.

There were decent bottles on the wine list for purchase at reasonable prices in Manofredis. Not sure about MDR.

On our upcoming trip we will either purchase silver spirits or bring some bottles on board at the beginning to supplement when we are in the mood. In the past we were in countries that offered great wines in ports to purchase and bring on board - however on your TA and our Amazon itinerary I am not counting on that!