UPDATE: Azamara Journey October 2018 sailings

tromvest

After my sailing for October 15, 2018 dropped off of the web site last Friday August 4th I made a couple of calls to Azamara inquiring what happened. The Reps that I spoke to just said that the sailings for October 2018 were "Under Maintenance". I decided to email Larry Pimentel and express my displeasure on how this was being handled and how no one could get any answers. Today, I received a call from his office. A lady by the name of Janelle informed me that tomorrow (Thursday) we will be notified of the "modifications" to the itinerary. She stated that if one booked directly with Azamara they would be receiving a direct call from Azamara and if the sailing was booked through a travel agent they would be contacted. Also, she said that later in the week the modified sailings would be made public via the Azamara website etc...

I do appreciate very much getting the call from Janelle today and I hope we are all happy with the decisions.

Just wanted to share with you what I know as of today.

Julie

Thanks a bunch Julie. Was pretty sure before that the itineraries would be changed. DW and I are on the TA to Miami at the end of the itinerary changes and expecting a small change. We have booked a river cruise before our TA ending 5 days before the TA begins and not too worried if the TA begins a few days early or late. Looking forward to hearing tomorrow.

Thanks again Julie for your proactive approach,

Thanks for the update. My TA is leaving tomorrow for vacation so I'll have to wait to see it on the website. When I emailed her several days ago she assured me my reservation was still active even thought it's off the site. Hopefully the changes are palatable for me. I'm hoping they don't shorten the trip as I am looking forward to a 9 night instead of the usual 7 night and seeing this part of Italy.

October is back up, at least on the TA site

Great, not on Azamara as yet. We are on the Nov. 7 Journey TA and that should be there as well. Appreciate if you would post a copy of the Nov. 7 TA or e-mail to me at rallydave at pobox dot com and will pass on to those on our roll call which is quite a few people.

Thanks much,

Great, not on Azamara as yet. We are on the Nov. 7 Journey TA and that should be there as well. Appreciate if you would post a copy of the Nov. 7 TA or e-mail to me at rallydave at pobox dot com and will pass on to those on our roll call which is quite a few people.

Thanks much,

TA site I can quickly monitor only has 24 October Journey sailing back up....

Edited by uktog

TA site I can quickly monitor only has 28 October Journey sailing back up....

That would help us on the TA as it must have at least the arrival date and location of the end of that cruise which would provide our departure port and date.

Please post

Thanjs

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That would help us on the TA as it must have at least the arrival date and location of the end of that cruise which would provide our departure port and date.

Please post

Thanjs

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry it was a typo by me - Ive re-edited the post, it was 24th - the cruise before the Transatlantic is still missing

We can see the following cruises on a TA website -

14 night Transatlantic on 23rd October from Lisbon

Lisbon - Portugal; At Sea; At Sea; Horta - Azores; At Sea; At Sea; At Sea; At Sea; Hamilton - Bermuda; Hamilton - Bermuda; At Sea; At Sea; Havana - Cuba; Havana - Cuba; Miami - Florida

Then a 4 night round-trip from Miami on 6th November

Miami - Florida; Havana - Cuba; Havana - Cuba; Havana - Cuba; Miami - Florida

We can see the following cruises on a TA website -

14 night Transatlantic on 23rd October from Lisbon

Lisbon - Portugal; At Sea; At Sea; Horta - Azores; At Sea; At Sea; At Sea; At Sea; Hamilton - Bermuda; Hamilton - Bermuda; At Sea; At Sea; Havana - Cuba; Havana - Cuba; Miami - Florida

Then a 4 night round-trip from Miami on 6th November

Miami - Florida; Havana - Cuba; Havana - Cuba; Havana - Cuba; Miami - Florida

On Journey? 2018?

It appears the Journey is chartered Nov 10-24. I'm so sorry for all of those affected by the new schedule in October and I hope you're able to get your cruises worked out satisfactorily

laurieb

Thank you for the email. My October 15th is now all Spain so I am contacting my TA about the October 6th as that is still a 9 night and does a great itinerary from Rome to Barcelona. It is up on the Azamara web site now but seems to be A LOT more expensive than the 9 night they canceled on me. I hope theyre willing to compensate for the increase.

I wonder what they will do for those booked on the pre TA Oct 31 cruise that was 7 nights.

The Transatlantic is now on Azamara website showing it departing on 23 October - 2 weeks early! It is 14 nights not 17 nights and is much more expensive than the original Transatlantic.

The Transatlantic is now on Azamara website showing it departing on 23 October - 2 weeks early! It is 14 nights not 17 nights and is much more expensive than the original Transatlantic.

What is the cruise before the TA now? Someone said all Spain? That is not showing yet at Azamara.

I guess the added cost of the TA is the Cuba port fees.

Edited by Leo_On_Geo

Mon 15Oct2018Barcelona, Spain-6:00 PM Boarding

Tue 16Oct2018Palma De Mallorca, Spain 8:00 AM10:00 PM Docked

Wed 17Oct2018Valencia, Spain 8:30 AM8:00 PM Docked

Thu 18Oct2018Cartagena, Spain 8:00 AM6:00 PM Docked

Fri 19Oct2018Malaga, Spain 8:00 AM7:00 PM Docked

Sat 20Oct2018Seville, Spain 1:00 PM-Docked

Sun 21Oct2018Seville, Spain- 10:00 PM Docked

Mon 22Oct2018 Cruising

Tue 23Oct2018Lisbon, Portugal 7:00 AM-Departure

Uh oh!!!! This one is bringing back some painful experiences I had with Azamara last summer and how poorly they handled the cancellation of our cruise.

We were pretty excited to go on our first Azamara cruise which was to be this summer, July 22 to August 5. It was to begin in Istanbul and end in Civitavecchia and featured Greek Isles, a port in Sicily, Malta, three days in the Amalfi coast, and an overnight in Livorno. Well, Istanbul became a world hot spot. We received no notice from Azamara and neither did our travel agent. We found out about the cancellation on Cruise Critic. Azamara NEVER sent us anything, not even a letter explaining the situation. They cut the 14-day itinerary into two separate 7-day itineraries and raised the prices. The ports were ones we had done before and weren't interested in any case. We made the best of it and booked a 9-day Adriatic itinerary in Aqua Class on the Celebrity Constellation and spent the following weekend in Cinque Terre.

We decided to give Azamara another shot even though I question their communication and customer service. I doubt any of their problems at the office level translate to the on board experience. However, I am rooting for those on this itinerary to be treated better than we were. Again, not ONE word from Azamara and they offered us NOTHING. We just booked the Quest for October 2019 Southeast Asia and we're looking forward to it, but we haven't forgotten the last rodeo.