POA "Maui Beach Day"

hawaiiland

Have read many posts regarding Maui beaches, however cannot locate answers to my specific questions. On the POA 'Beach Day' excursion, what time do you depart from this ship? Is there a specific location where you are dropped off or does it vary?

Any information is truly appreciated!

Have read many posts regarding Maui beaches, however cannot locate answers to my specific questions. On the POA 'Beach Day' excursion, what time do you depart from this ship? Is there a specific location where you are dropped off or does it vary?

There's another thread about the business who may provide things for the POA "Beach Day" in Wailea & either renting a car, using a taxi or Lyft may be a less expensive option than the ship's excursion.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2528055

After searching, I finally found that you can rent an umbrella and two loungers for $30 from Aqualani (aqualanibeach.com) which has a stand in front of the Grand Wailea.

I am thinking this is probably the same outfit that NCL uses for its "beach club" excursion.

In case you haven't read it, this review was published on the NCL Excursions website a few weeks ago. It doesn't answer your questions but is interesting. We agree with the idea of renting your own car though, as Maui has 30 miles (seriously) of beaches to discover.

Review: "There were two vans that drove the group of us across the island (about a 35 minute drive) to Wailea Beach, which is in the middle of several resorts. After a quick talk about what services/activities were available for purchase (beach umbrellas, snorkeling, paddle boarding, etc.), we were free to enjoy the beach, the water, walk around the resorts, etc. for the next four hours. The beach and surrounding resorts were beautiful with a gorgeous mountain backdrop. Basic beach chairs and water were provided as part of the transfer cost.

My husband and I just used the beach chairs provided and were content to sit and read, play in the water, and walk around the resorts (where we found a small shopping center and a coffee shop with gelato). They did mention that there were restaurants where you could eat lunch around the resorts but that they were expensive. I had packed our water bottles and some snacks, so we did not eat lunch while we were there. My husband said he would have preferred more time at the beach before we had to catch the return transfer, but I was satisfied with the amount of time we were there - not too short, but not so long we were hot and miserable!"