Questioons RE: Wine lists

marypatrick

I have been following the wine list post and have a few questions. I have been traveling on Seabourn for a few years and have never seen one. if we don't want the pour of the day/meal we are offered others, but it would be so much easier if we knew what was available to begin with.

1. I am assuming that there are some differences in the wine list depending on where the ship goes - is that the case?

2. How does one get hold of a wine list for a cruise? Are they available on the ship, would you go to get one? (Dining room, Bars, Seabourn Square, Waiter, Wine Steward)?

3. Is there a secret to getting one?

thanks

mp

See comments in red below.

I have been following the wine list post and have a few questions. I have been traveling on Seabourn for a few years and have never seen one. if we don't want the pour of the day/meal we are offered others, but it would be so much easier if we knew what was available to begin with.

1. I am assuming that there are some differences in the wine list depending on where the ship goes - is that the case? Yes as they hotel director/maitre'd/sommelier try to buy local wines whenever possible. For example, in Australia/New Zealand

2. How does one get hold of a wine list for a cruise? Are they available on the ship, would you go to get one? (Dining room, Bars, Seabourn Square, Waiter, Wine Steward)? We usually ask the sommelier and generally obtain it without a problem as they send a copy to our suite. However, some are a little reluctant. We have cruised quite a bit on Seabourn, know many of the sommeliers, and buy a number of premium wines throughout the cruise. Thus, we may have an easier time - shouldn't be that way. Either it's available to all or not.

3. Is there a secret to getting one? If you run into a reluctant sommelier, you could ask the hostess/restaurant manager or even Seabourn Square.

thanks

mp

As a general rule we have asked the Sommelier for a list shortly after embarkation and it usually shows up in our suite within 24 hours. And while there are some wines that seem to always be on the list there are variations from cruise to cruise and year to year.

Sent from my iPad using Forums