Star Breeze Port Location in Athens

jpea

Sailing on Windstar Star Breeze from Athens to Venice from September 16-24, 2017...

My Windstar cruise documents consisted of an invoice and itinerary sent by email which shows the Port of Embarkation in Athens as "Cruise Terminal, Akti Xaveriou, Piraeus, Athens, 18545".

I am trying to find more specific information as I understand there are three cruise terminals at Piraeus, non of which are listed as Xaveriou. A direct phone call to Windstar did not help, they were unable to provide any specific info under than the above quoted address.

Windstar's transfer to port was included in our fare. You may want to see if purchasing the transfer is an option. As Piraeus is such a large port this was definitely a plus. I am sure your hotel could assist in making arrangements. You will really enjoy the trip from Athens to Venice. Hands down the best vacation I have ever taken!

Windstar is not offering a transfer service, so we have pre-booked a transfer service from our Athens hotel. Our plans so far are to depart the hotel one hour before embarkation, and hope to find the location easily with our taxi, allowing some extra time to find the right cruise terminal. I am just annoyed that the Windstar telephone receptionists seem to have no clue. Why they can't specify which terminal is beyond me.

As stated before Port Directors have total control of where a ship is docked. Weather, seas, emergencies can affect where a ship is finally docked. This out of the hands of WS. Your cab driver should have no problem finding the ship. As he/she drives into the port where you have to show your documents they will tell him/her where to go. This is something not to worry about. Have a great time.

We just disembarked Seabourn yesterday in Piraeus at Cruise Terminal A which is the main terminal building. It can accommodate one ship on each side. If you are not there then Windstar may dock right next door at the pier side, which is where we saw Seadream dock as well as Star Clippers. It is fairly obvious once you see it so I would not worry.

As for transfers I would not bother with advance booking as you will likely pay a lot more. We took a taxi from Plaka in Athens for 15 euro and it took about 20 mins to the port. The taxi drivers all know where to go. We left our hotel at 11:35am and were onboard the ship by 12 noon.

Sent from my iPad using Forums