transportation at (San Diego) to bus stations

ronmaca

San Diego to Long Beach isn't a hop skip and a jump. Probably the cheapest would be to take an Uber. I looked up an fare estimate and it ranges from $138 on up (depending on the car you need and how many are riding). There is no "easy train" or commuter type of option.

Amtrak's Pacific Surfliner is $37pp to LA. Could be less if you use one of the stations before LA, but not knowing the area, I wouldn't know where to get off. the Amtrak station is within walking distance of the pier. EM

You can also rent a car one-way.

Google is your friend:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g32648-i340-k1253701-Best_Way_to_Get_from_San_Diego_to_Long_Beach_for_a_Cruise-Long_Beach_California.html

igraf

My cruise in March ends at San Diego and from there I need to get to Long Beach...any one experienced with this?

Amtrak's Pacific Surfliner is $37pp to LA. Could be less if you use one of the stations before LA, but not knowing the area, I wouldn't know where to get off. the Amtrak station is within walking distance of the pier. EM

You would take the Pacific Surfliner to Union Station in downtown Los Angeles. From there, you take a "throughway" bus to the bus stop at 1st and Ocean Ave in Long Beach. That is as close to the LB port as you could get. It's a short walk (or taxi down the hill to the Carnival terminal or wherever you are ending.

The Amtrak station is one block from the Pier. You could take Amtrak to Union Station in Los Angeles and then connect on to the Metro Red (7th Street connection) to the Metro Blue. Metro Blue takes you all the way into Long Beach with various stops or you could get off at the Anaheim Amtrak station and Uber/Lyft/Taxi to where ever you need to be in Long Beach.

Try SuperShuttle dot com. Or better yet, I'd call them and ask because doing it on the web might be difficult as it's not a frequent run for them. But I think they will do it, I tried them for other odd transits and they were willing to accommodate. Also try Prime, another shuttle company. m--

OP Specifically asked about bus stations. Greyhound San Diego is about 3 1/2 miles from the port. Google Maps shows best transit requires about a half mile of walking so it sounds like it would be taxi or uber. Fare to Long Beach is about $22 and about a 2 1/2 to 3 hour ride.

Roy

• 2 weeks later...
My cruise in March ends at San Diego and from there I need to get to Long Beach...any one experienced with this?

We did this last fall. Taxi from downtown San Diego to bus station was $11. Bus to Long Beach was $26. If you reserve ahead there is a discount and we took priority boarding. Nice clean bus, easy drive with free WiFi onboard. Taxi from Long Beach bus station to Marriott at cruise port was $16. The bus stations are not in the nicest parts of the citys but we felt safe as there is security there.