Cabin bathrobes - Are they still supplied?

Vic The Parrot

I have it checked for my wife on our upcoming cruises but... I have checked it every time and never had a robe in the cabin. Didn't bother asking the steward for one when onboard. They seem to be "one size fits nobody" anyway... :rolleyes:

I get one all the time now. Since I lost weight they actually fit me now. :D

Tony

Holy Cow! Are you 4' 11" and weigh 85lbs.? I've seen where even women who described themselves as "petite" said they got a robe that was too small! I'm 6' 1" (well... I used to be 6' 11.5" but now I'm shorter. Even though I have a cadaver bone in my neck at C6/7 that supposedly adds about .25" I'm now pretty much just 6' 1". Old people "shrink".) I am also, um... not "light weight" so I don't even ask for a robe. I am pretty sure that they won't fit me and I'm really not a "robe kind of guy" anyway. I'm either dressed or in bed. At home, in the winter, I will actually wear some of those snazzy plaid "lounge pants" or whatever they are called in the evening sometimes but only if there is no chance of anybody coming over. Yes, I'm weird.

We are booked on the Diamond in October. Under "Guest Preferences" on the Princess website you can choose early or late dining, single or double bed, and whether or not you want a complimentary robe in your closet. We never use them and would prefer not have them as they take up two hangers and closet space so I am happy that they give us a choice before boarding. Of course, we shall see if it actually works that way in practice.

Unless they're already in the rooms as standard? No options though under guest check in on the website.

I just checked mine. Yes there is.

Go to your "Cruise Personalizer".

On "Booking Summary", scroll down to "Guest Check-in"

Click "Onboard Preferences"

There is a "Complimentary Robe in Your Cabin" box.

Click "Select",

Then choose your "Preference" if you have not yet done before, otherwise, it will show already.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've just checked there and don't see any option - all I have under 'Onboard Preferences' is 'Dining Preferences', 'Bed Configuration' and 'Onboard Documents Language Preference' - I'm in the UK, wonder if that makes any difference on the personaliser? Our cruise is starting 28th August - but I've not seen a robe option at any time - and booked about 8 months ago? Just thought, maybe its because we don't have a cabin assigned yet as on guarantee, maybe that option is only there once you get an assigned cabin? :)

Edited by nyree

I've just checked there and don't see any option - all I have under 'Onboard Preferences' is 'Dining Preferences', 'Bed Configuration' and 'Onboard Documents Language Preference' - I'm in the UK, wonder if that makes any difference on the personaliser? Our cruise is starting 28th August - but I've not seen a robe option at any time - and booked about 8 months ago? Just thought, maybe its because we don't have a cabin assigned yet as on guarantee, maybe that option is only there once you get an assigned cabin? :)

I agree with you. Have just checked my cruise for next month and no preference for a robe. I think we are treated differently here in the UK😄😄 I might ring Southampton and ask them to put it on.

I just returned a few weeks ago from a cruise on the Emerald Princess. I did have to request the robes on our online personalizer. I did this for all 12 of us traveling, but only one of the 6 cabins had the robes in their cabin. I had read that they might not be delivered until the second day, after all the robes were washed, by ours dint come, so I had to ask the steward,and was able to get them. They fit fine.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No mention of robes anymore on the Princess website.

Have they been discontinued? :o

Two types are available - a waffle type fabric and one made in a luxury lycra fabric which I presume are for the suites.

Both also available to purchase in the shops.

I have found over the years that there are several differences in the options on the cruise personaliser for US and British passengers. I have heard mention of things by US people and when I checked we don`t have the same options. This is probably the same for the robes.

I agree with you. Have just checked my cruise for next month and no preference for a robe. I think we are treated differently here in the UK���� I might ring Southampton and ask them to put it on.

It doesn't show for Australians either. We always ask the steward for one which is much too big for me :-)

That's strange that it's not there.

On mine its under.....

Guest check in tab and scroll down.

If there are no bathrobes in your cabin, just ask your cabin steward -- no problem!

The NEW waffle weave robes are actually quite large. :)

My husband wears a XXL and it was very roomy on him and rather long (mid-calf).

It was far too big for me but that really didn't matter. Better too big than too small. :D