Hubby agreed on taking his first cruise!!!!!

Turqoisblu

Ok so I'm still new to cruising. I have a cruise this December with my mother in law. My hubby isn't a "being surrounded by water" person. He doesn't like knowing if **** hit the fan, he can't swim to shore. But his kind loving heart said he will try it out for ME. So although I loveeee CCL for family vacations. I really want our cruise to be romantic. This October will make 10 yrs for us being together. And January will make 8 yrs married. We never had a honeymoon. So I want to make this the best cruise ever! I need suggestions for a cruise line where we can have a romantic atmosphere. Trust me I'm not leaving all the romance up to the cruise line. I'm just need the cruise to set the scene lol. Thanks!

CARNIVAL LIBERTY 2017

CARNIVAL LIBERTY 2016

For atmosphere, the ship is more important than the itinerary, but both are key parts of the scene. A Caribbean cruise is a great way to escape winter - and the eastern ports offer more variety than the western. You probably want to avoid the first week of January and MLK holiday week - to have a more adult passenger mix.

Celebrity offers superior food and service, but if on board activities are very important, you might consider Royal Caribbean - but the thousands of passengers on their larger ships might be a mood-killer.

I can't help asking: if he is uncomfortable about being far out to sea , how does he feel about being high up in the air -in a plane: where it can be even more difficult if "*** hit the fan"?

I've cruised lots of lines and I agree that attitude and making moments is where the romance is. Getting a table for two for dining is wonderful if you want time to reconnect. Pack battery operated candles for the cabin. What do the two of you like to do? If you like nightlife, choose a line with more of that. If it is dining out, choose a line known for food. You don't say if you have kids, but if you do, simply sleeping in and being able to have an uninterrupted conversation will be extremely romantic.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Royal Caribbean ships are a great option if you like music. they have cozy areas for alone time with your hubby where you can share a nice drink or two in the evening. Get a table for 2 in the mdr or specialty restaurants. a balcony, if you can swing it, with battery operated candles at night and a bottle of champagne and strawberries is romantic. nothing beats looking at the night sky from your balcony with someone you love!<3

Perhaps a Caribbean cruise on one of Royal Caribbean's Oasis class ship? While the ship is very large, supposedly it doesn't feel crowded (don't know for sure, taking my first on this class in 3 weeks). Also, due to the size of the ship, I understand one doesn't feel "surrounded by water." Lots to do, many restaurant choices, and the Central Park neighborhood is supposed to be very romantic. Just a thought!

Congrats! My boyfriend also took some convincing to go on our first cruise, but now he's hooked. I'm sure your husband will love it once he gives it a chance, and if not...well, nothing ventured, nothing gained. There will be plenty more opportunities for vacations—land and sea—that suit you both.

Since you like CCL, you would probably also like RCCL which would be a bit more romantic but still offer lots of entertainment options.

Princess or Celebrity would actually be very good choices for a "honeymoon" cruise. ;)

From a "Guy's" point of view, you're way over thinking this.

Mood music, flowers, pretty cabins, etc. are not the things that make something "romantic".

A couple of beers, sunshine, not having to work, a woman on his side who's not nagging him to do something he doesn't want to do (but will do it to make her happy ((or make her shut up :rolleyes:)) ) is all he needs.

a woman on his side who's not nagging him to do something he doesn't want to do (but will do it to make her happy ((or make her shut up :rolleyes:)) )

Lovely. I'm sure your wife is your biggest fan.

For atmosphere, the ship is more important than the itinerary, but both are key parts of the scene. A Caribbean cruise is a great way to escape winter - and the eastern ports offer more variety than the western. You probably want to avoid the first week of January and MLK holiday week - to have a more adult passenger mix.

Celebrity offers superior food and service, but if on board activities are very important, you might consider Royal Caribbean - but the thousands of passengers on their larger ships might be a mood-killer.

I can't help asking: if he is uncomfortable about being far out to sea , how does he feel about being high up in the air -in a plane: where it can be even more difficult if "*** hit the fan"?

He has never been on a plane yikes!!!! However, he isn't afraid to fly.

CARNIVAL LIBERTY 2017

CARNIVAL LIBERTY 2016

What do the two of you like to do? If you like nightlife, choose a line with more of that. If it is dining out, choose a line known for food. You don't say if you have kids, but if you do, simply sleeping in and being able to have an uninterrupted conversation will be extremely romantic.

We do have children and we need a getaway. We take family vacations all the time. We want to dance, eat and sleep lol

Sent from my iPad using Forums

CARNIVAL LIBERTY 2017

CARNIVAL LIBERTY 2016

Few people can swim in the ocean long enough to "save themselves"...I guess he knows his "fear" is irrational! Unless he looks at the water, he won't even know he's on a ship 99% of the time!

That is how I talked him into it. I said to him that he wouldn't even know most of the time.

CARNIVAL LIBERTY 2017

CARNIVAL LIBERTY 2016

He has never been on a plane yikes!!!! However, he isn't afraid to fly.

CARNIVAL LIBERTY 2017

CARNIVAL LIBERTY 2016

Okay, I'll bite: how does he know that he isn't afraid to fly, never having done it?

I suppose I could claim that I'm not afraid to wrestle an eighteen foot long Nile crocodile -- but then I might rethink my position if I ever got within thirty miles of one.

Obviously she means exactly what she said: her husband isn't afraid to fly. The default position before trying something new is not fear. Flying is not an inherently scary activity like wrestling a crocodile is. I wasn't afraid of flying before I tried it, then I tried it and I still wasn't afraid.

Ok so I'm still new to cruising. I have a cruise this December with my mother in law. My hubby isn't a "being surrounded by water" person. He doesn't like knowing if **** hit the fan, he can't swim to shore. But his kind loving heart said he will try it out for ME. So although I loveeee CCL for family vacations. I really want our cruise to be romantic. This October will make 10 yrs for us being together. And January will make 8 yrs married. We never had a honeymoon. So I want to make this the best cruise ever! I need suggestions for a cruise line where we can have a romantic atmosphere. Trust me I'm not leaving all the romance up to the cruise line. I'm just need the cruise to set the scene lol. Thanks!

CARNIVAL LIBERTY 2017

CARNIVAL LIBERTY 2016

Bon Voyage, maybe this will make your hisband a cruise convert!:)