Lobster Shack on Half Moon Cay

bobchico

Saw the item on the HAL blog regarding the Lobster Shack on HMC.

What is the price for the lobster meal?

We have done it more than once, to us it was well worth it and very good! Cost is as quoted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I gather that this would be Caribbean lobster (no claws) rather than New England lobster?

You are correct. Here's a photo of the Lobster Shack, menu and some other information. If the link drops you into the thread somewhere random, just go to post #326 for all the shacktasticness.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=51833869

You are correct. Here's a photo of the Lobster Shack, menu and some other information. If the link drops you into the thread somewhere random, just go to post #326 for all the shacktasticness.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=51833869

Many thanks for the great information and photos. Your posts are always so entertaining AND informative!

Many thanks for the great information and photos. Your posts are always so entertaining AND informative!

My pleasure. The Lobster Shack was a nice little set up, but as I said said in the thread, we're not big spiny lobster fans. On our sailing, Half Moon Cay followed the second formal (sorry Gala) night. I would have expected that most people would have gotten their fill of Maine lobster tails then. There were some takers though. If warm water lobster is something you like, it's not a bad deal. They cooked up live lobsters and I was told that they were decent sized.

Have not been to HMM in a few years. When did the Lobster Shack start?

I would guess 2-4 years ago?

Not even close! :D It opened on Nov 11, 2016 for Koningsdam's first visit.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=7347&UTM_Source=Social&UTM_Medium=Facebook&UTM_Campaign=News&UTM_Content=PrivateIslands&UTM_Term=Cruise

Edited by catl331

I would guess 2-4 years ago?

Not even close! :D It opened on Nov 11, 2016 for Koningsdam's first visit...

Another example of a well-intentioned CCer posting information on here that is inaccurate :eek: ... although in fairness to you, mllewis48, your Post clearly indicated that it was a "guess" and, more importantly, was not about something that OP (or anyone else, for that matter) was relying on in making cruise plans. :D

Smooth sailing :ship: :ship: :ship:

Another example of a well-intentioned CCer posting information on here that is inaccurate :eek:

Another example of incorrect information being corrected by another CC poster fairly quickly. Had the incorrect information been given by a Seattle HAL rep, it likely would not have been corrected at all.

The value of information gleaned from CC should not be so readily, consistently, discounted.

... Had the incorrect information been given by a Seattle HAL rep, it likely would not have been corrected at all.

The value of information gleaned from CC should not be so readily, consistently, discounted.

Thanks (yet again) for your friendly and most helpful advice :rolleyes: ...

Thanks, missed this. Do you know if you have butler service with a cabana, will they bring lobster to the cabana if you purchase it?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Sorry maybe I won't guess anymore [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks' date=' missed this. Do you know if you have butler service with a cabana, will they bring lobster to the cabana if you purchase it?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I don't know, but given the set up and location of the shack, and the fact that you don't want lobster sitting around any longer than necessary, I'd eat it at the shack.

You may want to call Seattle to ask if lobster is better served right away or if it improves after walking it around the beach in the sun. You can't really trust these Interwebs advices. ;)

You may want to call Seattle to ask if lobster is better served right away or if it improves after walking it around the beach in the sun. You can't really trust these Interwebs advices. ;)

Personally, I'd skip the phone call and write directly to Orlando Ashford. Having written confirmation that your lobster will be served at the proper temperature could be invaluable in case of a dispute on the island. It would avoid the awkward situation of saying "POA1 said so!" as your only argument! :D

I don't know, but given the set up and location of the shack, and the fact that you don't want lobster sitting around any longer than necessary, I'd eat it at the shack.

Yuk, yuk, yuk!:')

Personally, I'd skip the phone call and write directly to Orlando Ashford. Having written confirmation that your lobster will be served at the proper temperature could be invaluable in case of a dispute on the island. It would avoid the awkward situation of saying "POA1 said so!" as your only argument! :D

Yuk, yuk, yuk, yuk!!:'):')

Do you know if you have butler service with a cabana' date=' will they bring lobster to the cabana if you purchase it?[/quote']If your cabana is close to the Shack it might be worth asking your butler, but if you're at the far end of the beach maybe not.