Passport for Cruise

cruisekitty22

you have to remove your glasses and move all the hair off your forehead. There is nothing to "see" while they are taking your pic and you can hold the glasses in your hand, so you should be fine.

I suggest you get that ordered ASAP because I put my application in over 6 weeks ago and I am still waiting and I sail in 33 days!

Don't know how long a new passport is taking, but I got my mail-in renewal in 2 weeks, which included the 7/4 holiday.

Cruise buddy mailed hers on Monday and got it back on Saturday!

But better to not cut it close.

But, yeah, you take your glasses off, hold them for the pic, and put them back on. Nothing to see!

That is correct. You can no longer wear glasses or show any teeth in the passport photo. My mother-in-law's renewal application, check and photo were all returned with a letter stating that the picture cannot be taken with glasses on.

I suggest you get that ordered ASAP because I put my application in over 6 weeks ago and I am still waiting and I sail in 33 days!

If you have waited a full 6 weeks for a standard passport, you definitly need to be finding out why you do not have it.

Unless there is a detail that you haven't shared, you should have had your passport, either new or renewal, in hand by now.

I have my eyeglasses on when i renewed my Passport May of last year, so i called the Passport Office 877# and inquired about this and was told that the new requirement for eyeglasses was passed November of 2016 so any Passport renewed before that was OK to use i am good to go until 2026 with my eyeglasses on...

you have to remove your glasses and move all the hair off your forehead. There is nothing to "see" while they are taking your pic and you can hold the glasses in your hand, so you should be fine.

Have you checked your application online?

I'm guessing this requirement is due to the pending introduction of facial recognition software at US entry points. We went through facial recognition checkpoints in Australia and New Zealand's larger airports earlier this year, and that coupled with Global Entry, sped us through their Customs.

The longest line we encountered was in NZ inspecting for any ecological dangers or invasives to their ecosystem, after the quick Customs check.

Don't know how long a new passport is taking, but I got my mail-in renewal in 2 weeks, which included the 7/4 holiday.

Cruise buddy mailed hers on Monday and got it back on Saturday!

But better to not cut it close.

But, yeah, you take your glasses off, hold them for the pic, and put them back on. Nothing to see!

Good to hear that reasonably quick service is available -- but application "mailed ... on Monday and got it back on Saturday"?

Really?

You need to find out what is going on - you can check online as to the whereabouts in the process your application is.

I submitted my renewal early June and got it back two weeks to the day I sent it out.

Good to hear that reasonably quick service is available -- but application "mailed ... on Monday and got it back on Saturday"?

Really?

I got mine in 12 calendar days, which had two weekends in it, so it was like 7 business days or something. Super fast. It was a renewal.

That is correct. You can no longer wear glasses or show any teeth in the passport photo. My mother-in-law's renewal application, check and photo were all returned with a letter stating that the picture cannot be taken with glasses on.

You can smile, just not an exaggerated one. It must be natural. Nothing said about teeth showing. I just got my new picture taken and I did smile. Your MILs was returned because of the glasses, not because of a smile unless she was trying to look like the Joker in Batman.

Is it now true you cannot have glasses on while getting your passport picture taken? I cant see without my glasses!

They are starting to use facial recognition techniques and the glasses can obscure some important parameters.

If you have waited a full 6 weeks for a standard passport, you definitly need to be finding out why you do not have it.

Unless there is a detail that you haven't shared, you should have had your passport, either new or renewal, in hand by now.

Funny thing happened like 5 minutes after posting this the US Dept of State called because I had destroyed my expired passport and sent in a form stating so, that my passport was delayed. After a lecture and scolding I promised never to destroy an expired passport again and the agent said it is on the way and I should get it by Friday. It was a little creepy on the timing, but at least I know now!!!! I

explained that i am an every 10 year traveller and will keep that in mind the next time!!!;p;p

You can smile, just not an exaggerated one.

That may be OK with the US, but some countries will not let you in with a smile in your passport.

Especially can prevent you from getting a visa for those countries that require one.

For safety, don't smile at all.