What is the Haven? - New to NCL

chloe45

I've seen threads about this but when I look at cruises I don't see where you can pick a Haven suite, just suites. If you book a suite are you automatically in Haven? Or is Haven an add on of some sort. Can a mini suite be a Haven cabin. Are they just talking about access to the spa? Or is it like the Sanctuary on Princess where it is an area on the ship with loungers, plus spa access.

Confused...

NCL has great suite perks. Mini-suites are not suites and get no suite perks. On some ships all suites are Haven suites. On other ships, they have both Haven and non-Haven suites. Then there are a couple of ships that do not have a Haven. Your best bet is to do a little research then maybe people can answer questions. Also spa access is totally separate - unless it's a Spa Suite. :)

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/cruise-accommodations/the-haven

Haven guests get jetpacks....Bliss might have teleporters.

Nice. That is what I was hoping. Wife and I are sailing in an OS on the Dawn in March 2019, and while not a "Haven" suite, I am hoping that I don't have to associate with steerage at the lifeboat drill. ;p:eek:

Thanks for all the replies. I'll be on the Star. On deck 11 there is a spa with an indoor pool. What hoop do you have to jump through to be able to swim in that pool?

Also, I'm in a mini. With this upsell bid process will I be able to bid on a suite if invited? (Sorry kind of high jacking my own thread)

Nice. That is what I was hoping. Wife and I are sailing in an OS on the Dawn in March 2019, and while not a "Haven" suite, I am hoping that I don't have to associate with steerage at the lifeboat drill. ;p:eek:

Sorry but you will.

Thanks for all the replies. I'll be on the Star. On deck 11 there is a spa with an indoor pool. What hoop do you have to jump through to be able to swim in that pool?

Also, I'm in a mini. With this upsell bid process will I be able to bid on a suite if invited? (Sorry kind of high jacking my own thread)

No hoops to jump through :) you just have to buy a Thermal Spa pass for the week to be able to use it. You will be able to purchase the pass online 90 days before your cruise if you are in any cabin including a mini suite. The exception to this is a suite or Haven cabin which is 100 days. My husband and I just purchased ours at 100 days out for our September cruise on Star and they were $139 each for the week. You can also wait and purchase them on the ship but they are a bit more expensive (I think $20 more) and they may sell out as they limit the number of passes they sell.

As far as the up sell bid process goes, yes you will be able to bid on suite cabins if you are invited to place a bid.

Enjoy your cruise, you are going to have a wonderful time.

OP, keep in mind that mini-suites don't get any of the actual 'suite perks'. I don't know if the star has a haven or not, but you'll know haven cabins because the categories start with H. Any category that starts with S is a normal suite.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If I remember the movie correctly, if the ship starts sinking, they close & lock the gates to steerage to keep them from getting to the lifeboats.

If I remember the movie correctly, if the ship starts sinking, they close & lock the gates to steerage to keep them from getting to the lifeboats.

As they should. :'):halo: (I sure hope everyone realizes that I am trying to be humorous. These threads get too serious sometimes).

Hi can anyone enlighten me can you buy a pass to the haven sunbathing area? or do you only get to use it if your staying in a haven suite ?

You can not buy a pass to any areas within the Haven.

On the Epic you can buy a pass to POSH which they have instead of VIBE, POSH is included for Haven guests.

Is there a mini bar in haven suites? Is it stocked with "free" beer and or canned soda? Can you request that?

We were in Owners Suite. Did not have free beer. Bottled water , sodas and 3 bottles of liquor.

Depending on level of Suite, you may not get anything in cabin but bottle of champagne , first day, and bottle of water.

Others may have better info.

We were in Owners Suite. Did not have free beer. Bottled water , sodas and 3 bottles of liquor.

Depending on level of Suite, you may not get anything in cabin but bottle of champagne , first day, and bottle of water.

Others may have better info.

Sorry, but do you mean you did not get the beer, but did get the water, soda, and "hard" liquor. We were looking at the top suite, and we're hoping to get a better idea of the real cost (including liquor, water, etc.). From what I've been reading on these boards, things like bottled water, cappucino, premium coffee, and the like are not included in the BEV PACKAGE. And they add on the gratuity to the 'free' package.

Sorry, but do you mean you did not get the beer, but did get the water, soda, and "hard" liquor. We were looking at the top suite, and we're hoping to get a better idea of the real cost (including liquor, water, etc.). From what I've been reading on these boards, things like bottled water, cappucino, premium coffee, and the like are not included in the BEV PACKAGE. And they add on the gratuity to the 'free' package.

I can only speak for the "top" (i.e. Garden Villa) suite on Gem, but there you get six bottles of liquor included (I can't bring myself to say "free" given the cost of the Villa ;p ) plus the beverages in the mini-bar. However, as a non-beer drinker, I wouldn't have noticed if the beverages in the mini-bar included beer. The concierge services contacts you about two weeks out for your preferences on the liquor and the soda types; since the contact doesn't ask about beer, I guess that might be a good indicator that the mini-bar is limited to soda only.

Thanks everyone do you buy the posh passes when onboard the epic or can you purchase before hand ?

And has anyone got any idea of cost please

Posh passes must be purchased on board at Guest Services. There may be a very limited number available on a first come first served basis, so you'll need to be some of the first ones on the ship. Other posts referenced the cost somewhere around $70.