Does HAL reply to comments on the user survey after sail?

rachelfran

Filled out my survey with negative remarks and wonder if they'll contact me?

Thanks.

We have added such comments in the past and usually hear back from HAL, can only hope such comments reach the ships officer in charge so they can be corrected?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never fill out the surveys, but I write a "real" letter after each cruise, first complimenting those of the crew who were outstanding, then listing any complaints that need attention. I send it to Ashford's office which probably hands it to Guest Relations, but I've never failed to receive a written reply. If the written complaints have warranted it, we have received substantial future cruise credit. I've never been short of compliments, but I save dealing with more serious problems after I get home to avoid affecting our cruise zen.

My wife got what was largely a canned response to our May-June Alaska-Yukon land+sea trip. It did reference the things she specifically mentioned:

"While we were pleased to note the positive aspects of your cruise, we are sad there were some areas that you found disappointing. We truly appreciate that you have taken the time to share your thoughts and observations for us, such as your comments with regards with your accommodation, disembarkation process and internet service. Comments are important to us and because we take your input very seriously, we have made all appropriate senior management aware for their information and benefit. If there is anything additional you want to discuss with us or follow up on, please feel free to contact our Guest Relations team directly..." [followed by an email address and phone number]

I suppose you could contact them if you wanted to continue the conversation. Good luck!

In the survey I took I heard back from them on my internet issues. (System didn't log me out even though I got message it did & YL at Guest Services only gave me a partial refund of minutes used.). Anyhow, they apologized and gave me a small refund, $7.50. It took about a month but it did eventually show up on my card.

Last year on the NA I found several times there were no coffee cups at the coffee station. Each morning I had to go searching and finally take one from a table setting (assuming I could find an empty table, which is another story). I spoke to the Head Waiter and asked him to stock cups at the coffee station. It worked for one day, then back to no cups. I spoke to HW again, he said yes, we've had a lot of complaints about that, but head office says cups are to be set at the tables only.

That will tell you how much attention your comments will get: four fifths of none.

In the survey I took I heard back from them on my internet issues. (System didn't log me out even though I got message it did & YL at Guest Services only gave me a partial refund of minutes used.). Anyhow, they apologized and gave me a small refund, $7.50. It took about a month but it did eventually show up on my card.

I had that identical issue on my Koningsdam cruise in June and the internet manager told me that my story didn't hold up, but out of the goodness of his heart, he would return half the used minutes. He made it clear that he thought I was making the whole thing up and said he had determined I used the minutes on my tablet (it was locked in the safe at the time). I went to the front desk and they told him to return all minutes, which he never did.

I mentioned this on the survey and added detail to it. Guest Relations contacted me and said they would apply $100 onboard credit to my next cruise and also gift me with a free Pinnacle lunch. The $100 is posted and is basically a refund of my internet charges on the ship.

I had that identical issue on my Koningsdam cruise in June and the internet manager told me that my story didn't hold up, but out of the goodness of his heart, he would return half the used minutes. He made it clear that he thought I was making the whole thing up and said he had determined I used the minutes on my tablet (it was locked in the safe at the time). I went to the front desk and they told him to return all minutes, which he never did.

I mentioned this on the survey and added detail to it. Guest Relations contacted me and said they would apply $100 onboard credit to my next cruise and also gift me with a free Pinnacle lunch. The $100 is posted and is basically a refund of my internet charges on the ship.

Interesting. My internet issues were also on the Koningsdam. I dealt directly with Guest Relations, twice. The second time I took along my phone to show I was supposed to be logged out. The first girl only gave me back half my minutes and had the same attitude you experienced. The second gave me back all the minutes plus some of the ones I should have gotten back the first time.

We have never gotten an e-mail back concerning issues on a cruise.

DH and I did write a letter after we got back from our 2016 Westwerdam, 21 day cruise. (DH did fill out his survey on line.) It was a few months before we heard from HAL -- via a representative. She had to hunt for his survey. Long story short -- they found his survey -- and were stunned at what all DH had to say about the cruise. We were a couple of months back and forth with our TA and 2 gentlemen from Seattle.

Interesting. My internet issues were also on the Koningsdam. I dealt directly with Guest Relations, twice. The second time I took along my phone to show I was supposed to be logged out. The first girl only gave me back half my minutes and had the same attitude you experienced. The second gave me back all the minutes plus some of the ones I should have gotten back the first time.

That is interesting. The front desk never questioned me on it, just sent a message to the internet manager to return the minutes.

I was really quite surprised when Guest Relations contacted me due to what I included in my end of cruise survey. I didn't expect to hear from them and, frankly, wasn't looking for anything from them.

Got it the day after it ended

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks, did two cruises with HAL last year and didn't receive a survey to complete. Doing another cruise in October/November so will be interesting to see if we get one or not

Thanks, did two cruises with HAL last year and didn't receive a survey to complete. Doing another cruise in October/November so will be interesting to see if we get one or not

Did you give them your email address? In case you didn't that is how they get surveys to cruise guests.

Did you give them your email address? In case you didn't that is how they get surveys to cruise guests.

Yes they have my email address, I get emails about special deals etc and also received emails from the Shore Excursion Department as well as emails about our upcoming cruise.

The end of cruise survey isn't the best way to be heard. If you want almost immediate response, fill out a comment card during your cruise and turn it into the front desk. You typically receive a response within 24 hours. On a recent long cruise we turned in three or four cards addressing specific issues, usually coupled with a compliment or two about certain crew members. We got feedback for both positive and negative comments, usually within 24 hours.

The end of cruise survey isn't the best way to be heard. If you want almost immediate response, fill out a comment card during your cruise and turn it into the front desk. You typically receive a response within 24 hours. On a recent long cruise we turned in three or four cards addressing specific issues, usually coupled with a compliment or two about certain crew members. We got feedback for both positive and negative comments, usually within 24 hours.

Yes, for a prompt response while on board the ship, fill in a "Let us know" card, hand it in at the Front desk.

After our 28 day cruise on the Koningsdam in April, I responded to the survey and for the first time I was highly critical of my cruise because our cabin was extremely noisy due to design issues. I also raised a safety issue, again due to a design flaw. Finally, I raised concerns regarding the initial responses I had received from the Front Office. I received a timely email that was a canned "fill in the blank" response. After quoting some things I raised, including a statement that the problems I raised ruined the first half of our vacation, (we were finally relocated to another cabin for the second half), the reply then concluded by saying they hoped we would sail HAL again. This reply actually made me madder than I had been about the problems I had encountered. At a minimum, I expected a reply that said HAL was sorry they didn't meet our expectations.

In the response I was told that, if I wanted to discuss the issues further, I could reply by email or call. I emailed back to say I was dissatisfied with the response, in part, because a specific question I raised was ignored. After waiting a couple of weeks to see if my question would be answered, I called the phone number provided in HAL's initial response, which resulted in a 30 minute conversation with a very nice representative. She apologized several times for our onboard issues as well as the inappropriate response I had received. She indicated that, since she also found the response lacking, she would send a message regarding the response's inadequacies to that department and then proceeded to give us a significant credit for a future cruise. I'm happy to report that our just completed cruise on the Amsterdam was great and we have used the credit for a January cruise on the Zaandam.

Edited by Mtn2Sea

I have also had a couple of responses over the years of the canned variety. I get the impression that HAL (and probably most other cruise lines) have a Department of Canned Responses. I suspect they hire these people from the airlines.