Distinctive voyages

yummysbakery

I'm booked on the dawn for an 11 night cruise in 2019. It is now marked as a distinctive voyage. I read the promo but am still not clear on what the benefits are and if I need to call to get whatever added benefits I'm entitled to. Help! You would think as much as I have cruised with Ncl I could figure this out but I have no clue!

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

I'm booked on the dawn for an 11 night cruise in 2019. It is now marked as a distinctive voyage. I read the promo but am still not clear on what the benefits are and if I need to call to get whatever added benefits I'm entitled to. Help! You would think as much as I have cruised with Ncl I could figure this out but I have no clue!

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

We have OV cabin on Panama Canal cruise. When we booked 7/31 we got SDP and UDP. Today our PCC added 250 minutes of internet, $50 Excursion credit, and Phone call package.

There's also air & hotel credit if booked through NCL but we didn't.

So talk to NCL or your travel agent.

Edited by NMLady

Does anyone know how Free at Sea combines with Distinctive Voyages for Haven?

Free at Sea already has beverage, dining, shorex, and wifi.

We don't care about the hotel or air credit, so does Distinctive just add the phone minutes?

Or, would it also double the shorex from 50 to 100 per port and the wifi from 250 to 500 minutes?

That would be a deal we'd consider several bookings for!

Does anyone know how Free at Sea combines with Distinctive Voyages for Haven?

Free at Sea already has beverage, dining, shorex, and wifi.

We don't care about the hotel or air credit, so does Distinctive just add the phone minutes?

Or, would it also double the shorex from 50 to 100 per port and the wifi from 250 to 500 minutes?

That would be a deal we'd consider several bookings for!

I booked a 10-day eastern Med for 2018 with that package. Yes, you can double the shorex.

I called yesterday about this for our Gem 18 cruise. Our cruise is no longer on the latitudes insider list so we would lose the extra point per night and the obv that was offered in order to take this, so just be aware you may have to trade those perks for these. For us it wasn't worth it since we are local and don't book excursions.

I called yesterday about this for our Gem 18 cruise. Our cruise is no longer on the latitudes insider list so we would lose the extra point per night and the obv that was offered in order to take this, so just be aware you may have to trade those perks for these. For us it wasn't worth it since we are local and don't book excursions.

i was about to call up NCL to add it to my gem 10 day cruise next year and you save me the call. i had a feeling that was going to happen :(

we booked our panama canal when tehy had the taxes adn port fees free promo. to rebook this today to get the distinct voyage benefits would cost us $1800 more due to a price increase and loss of about $839 in taxes and port fees.

I think it is great also I added it to my 2 week escape cruise since it has 7 ports so now I have $100 per day on that sailing. The other perks are just gravy.

$100 per day?? You mean $1400??? How?

$100 per day?? You mean $1400??? How?

I believe the $100 per day - this is shore excursion credits?

Some people are saying that the shore excursion credits could be doubled if the free of sea promotion is combined with the distinctive voyages promotion. Dont know if this is true and I heard this promotion is first time with NCL, some new promotion??

However, you would need to do the math to see if it worth it because the distinctive voyages price - they increased the price since they added all these promotion ($50 free shore excursion credit, wifi, free 250 phone call minutes, free $100 hotel credit and airfare - these last 2 - need to book through NCL)

I am unfamiliar with what a Distinctive Voyage is? Can someone enlighten me?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Yes, it is currently one of NCL new special promotion for certain cruises.

Discover Norwegian’s Distinctive Voyages

Go off the beaten path and book the faraway vacation of your dreams. Choose from discovering the wonderful history of the Baltics, to hiking the vast Australian outback, to exploring the jungles of South America and beyond!

Dig deep into your bucket-list travel destinations and automatically receive 5 Free Offers with Norwegian’s Distinctive Voyages package. Plus, choose up to 5 more Free Offers with Norwegian's Free at Sea promotion, including Free Open Bar, Free Specialty Dining, Free Shore Excursions, Free Wifi and Free Extra Guests.

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-deals/distinctive_voyages

Thanks for the quick reply. I just checked, and sure enough we have a 2019 sailing that was made into a Distinctive Voyage. For the hotel and air credits, would we need to book hotel and air with Norwegian, or would we get the credit for whichever we choose?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

This is so weird. Today I am reading an email from an on-line TA and they are advertising Distinctive Voyages promotion with NCL. I could not figure out what Distinctive Voyages was and thought it was a TA-promoted bonus. Then I log in to CC and the first post I see is "Distinctive Voyages." So now I will go back and read the thread. LOL!!

I am booked on the TA Jade Sept. 29 2017 and it has been designated DV cruise. I added it to my promos and, yes, it does add $600 to the cost but, I think the value I receive will more than equal that.

The website is here: https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/cruise-deals/distinctive_voyages

The internet and shore excursions will be a great addition. The others I think will add some value as well.

PS here are the Terms & Conditions

https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/termsandconditions/promotions#distinct

Enjoy your cruise,

Edited by All-ready2cruise
PS add T&C

Distinctive VoyagesBooking Window:*August 07, 2017 - September 30, 2017 11:59pm EST - Cap controlled*

Applicable Sailings

Offer:

Offer DetailsFree*120 Minute Phone Call Package

Free*250 Minutes Internet Package

Free*$50 USD Per Port Shore Excursion Credit

Free*$200 USD Air Credit

Free*$100 USD Hotel Credit

Program code:*DISTINCT*

AUTOMATIC

Terms and Conditions:

Not applicable to categories IX, OX, BX, MX (Sail Away Categories).

Offer is for new individual FIT reservations.*

Qualifying new individual FIT reservations can be moved into an existing speculative group and count towards tour conductor credits.*

Offer is not combinable with existing group block rates. Promotion cannot be held as group block. Offer not valid for affinity groups.

Offer is capacity controlled and can be withdrawn at anytime.*

Guest cannot substitute or customize this offer. All guests in stateroom must choose same offer.*

Government taxes, port expenses & fees, discretionary on board service charges and/or gratuities are additional.*

Cancellation Fees also apply based on the booking/sailing date; therefore, Norwegian Cruise Line strongly recommends the purchase of travel protection on all bookings.

Not applicable to chartered dates and group types: CMI OP EVENT, CMI OP LG EVENT, INCREG & INCLARGE

No components included in this offer have any monetary value, are non-refundable and non-transferable.

Offer and combinability with other promotional offers is subject to change at any time per Norwegian Cruise Line's discretion. Other restrictions may apply.

Applicable to NCL MIAMI, NCL INTL, AUSTRALIA, NCL BRAZIL, and NCL ASIA. Not applicable to CE and UK offices.

This is a lower level promotion.*

120 Minute Phone Call Package:

120 minute phone calls will be applied to the first guest in the stateroom. All guests in the stateroom will be able to utilize this offer.

Offer only valid on calls made from ship to shore on the fixed phone located in the booked guest's stateroom and not from the guest's wireless devices.

Subject to satellite availability onboard.

250 Minutes Internet Package:

250 minute will be applied to the first guest in the stateroom.

Internet package is per stateroom. One login per stateroom.

Internet package is not available at Harvest Caye.

On Breakaway, stateroom receives an internet package of 250 minutes or 1000 MB of data.*

Internet package includes activation fee.

$50 USD Per Port Shore Excursion Credit:*

$50 USD per port shore excursion credit is per stateroom.

Credit has no monetary value and is nonrefundable.

In the event a port of call or excursion is missed, for any reason, no refund or credit will be issued.*

Shore excursion credit is applicable for each port, including debarkation port, and is not transferable to other ports. Use the credit or lose it.

Does not include embarkation ports. Overnight stays count as one port, except Bermuda sailings which can receive up to 3 individual days of shore excursion credit.*

Shore excursion credit can only be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard.*

$200 USD Air Credit:

$200 air credit valid for round trip airfare for guests 1 & 2 only. 3-8th guests pay prevailing rates.*

$100 air credit valid for one way airfare for guests 1 & 2 only. 3-8th guests pay prevailing rates.*

Air credit will automatically be applied when air is booked through Norwegian Cruise Line.

Air routing, scheduling and carrier are at the discretion of Norwegian Cruise Line.

Air subject to availability.*

$100 USD Hotel Credit:

Hotel credit is per stateroom.*

Hotel credit will automatically be applied when hotel is booked through Norwegian Cruise Line.*

Hotel credit is not applicable to bundles or cruisetours.*

Credit can only be used on Pre or Post hotel, but not both. Maximum credit of $100 USD per stateroom.*

Hotel subject to availability.

Just read the terms and conditions...looks like you would need to book air and lounging through Norwegian. Not sure how I feel about thay, because in the past their pricing has always been crazy high vs. Booking yourself. Plus we don't usually take excursions through the cruise line. The only real perk would be the WiFi package, which we aren't really intrested in. Ahh well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I booked a cruise on the Sun for November 28, 2017 with the Distinctive Voyages package. It was a deal, 10 cruise for $529! The package gives us $50 per port for excursions, plenty of internet time and even phone time to call back home.

It made a great price for a cruise even sweeter!

Anyone have experience booking air and/or hotel through NCL?

I have booked a hotel through Norwegian a number of times. I have never had a problem. The hotel package usually comes with the shuttle to the cruise terminal included.

I have booked a flight once and it worked very well for me.

I plan to take advantage of the this program for my air and hotel for a cruise next Spring.

Anyone have experience booking air and/or hotel through NCL?

We have booked air twice through NCL on international flights because it was significantly cheaper than anything else I found. We were pleased with it even though connection choices weren't the best.

I've never found their domestic air prices to be cheaper than what I can find on my own. The $200 credit might make a difference in that. Check and see.

We're flying Southwest so will stick with that.

However, I AM seeing about hotel.