OBC From RC Credit Card

GranysT

Ok, I'm finally under the 90 days for my Nov cruise, and it will let me do my online check-in.

I would like to check if my $200 OBC, from my CC points, has been added to my cruise.

Where, exactly, can I find this information?

Ok, I'm finally under the 90 days for my Nov cruise, and it will let me do my online check-in.

I would like to check if my $200 OBC, from my CC points, has been added to my cruise.

You should get a pop up with the total of all your OBC listed as you enter the cruise planner.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com -----> Log in -----> My Cruises-----> click on specific reservation number -----> Click on Cruise Planner

We sail on Oasis in October and my $100 OBC is not yet showing so I called the reward people yesterday. I was told that it will not show until 7 days before sailing, but as long as you have the e-mail confirmation, you are fine. I was surprised because I thought it could be used pre-cruise.

We sail on Oasis in October and my $100 OBC is not yet showing so I called the reward people yesterday. I was told that it will not show until 7 days before sailing, but as long as you have the e-mail confirmation, you are fine. I was surprised because I thought it could be used pre-cruise.

The OBC from Visa points can be used pre-cruise, but only after it's posted to the reservation. They post in order of sailing date, so if they are very busy, it could take a while to post it. Keep checking your Cruise Planner, it's possible it may be posted sooner than they estimated.

That's strange. I've always rec'd my RCCL C/C OBC months before our cruise. I already have my Nov cruise OBC in my planner.

That's strange. I've always rec'd my RCCL C/C OBC months before our cruise. I already have my Nov cruise OBC in my planner.

Yes, it is always available well before 7 days prior to sailing but it is rather unpredictable exactly WHEN it will show up. Sometimes it pops up in window to let me know it's there and sometimes it doesn't. Inconsistent but we all know that's very consistent for RCCL.

I never got a confirmation email.??

If you did not get a confirmation email AND it is not showing up in your cruise planner then I would be very concerned. My recommendation is do NOT wait until you get onboard to find out whether or not it has been processed. We found out the hard way that the confirmation email is very important and really the only thing that will convince the folks onboard that you are entitled to the OBC.

I have RCC Visa points that are expiring, does anyone know if the CC points OBC carries any restrictions? Can you use it for gratuities?

Yes, you can use it for gratuities, and welcome to Cruise Critic.

The onboard credit I redeemed showed up on my cruise planner two days later! I was surprised 😊

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

I redeemed my RCI visa points, and in the "information" section specifically asked that it be applied so I could use it in advance of the cruise - and viola! within the week, there it was. I was very pleasantly surprised - and immediately spent it!

If you did not get a confirmation email AND it is not showing up in your cruise planner then I would be very concerned. My recommendation is do NOT wait until you get onboard to find out whether or not it has been processed. We found out the hard way that the confirmation email is very important and really the only thing that will convince the folks onboard that you are entitled to the OBC.

Ok, who do I contact about getting this email confirmation? The 20,000 pts have certainly disappeared from my CC.

I redeemed my points on 8/7/17 and did get an email confirmation but I don't see the credit in my Cruise Planner. I planned to use the credit to pay our gratuities on board. Will we be ok with the email, if we don't see the credit after a couple days on board, or should I call to check before sailing?

I just called the redemption number, and inquired about my 20,000 pts. The man I spoke with was able to research, and said yes, I did redeem the pts on July 29. He says the conf email is auto generated from the CC, and he couldn't send me one. He did however, give me a Transaction ID number. He also said if the OBC is not showing up on my cruise, by at least 1 or 2 weeks prior to the cruise, to call the 888 number again.

I am going to call the RC credit card, and ask if they can send me the email.

I just called the redemption number, and inquired about my 20,000 pts. The man I spoke with was able to research, and said yes, I did redeem the pts on July 29. He says the conf email is auto generated from the CC, and he couldn't send me one. He did however, give me a Transaction ID number. He also said if the OBC is not showing up on my cruise, by at least 1 or 2 weeks prior to the cruise, to call the 888 number again.

I am going to call the RC credit card, and ask if they can send me the email.

The credit card people will only tell you the point deduction was made, they know very little about the redemptions.

Exactly, the credit card told me, yes I did redeem the points. But RC handles all the ways that works. Very frustrating, and a bit of a run around.

Best I can hope is, that the OBC credit shows up before my cruise. I redeemed points once before, and had no problem. I booked this cruise especially to use up my points. It took quite awhile to build up that many points. Then I hope to move that card to one of the no interest, for awhile, cards.

Best I can hope is, that the OBC credit shows up before my cruise. I redeemed points once before, and had no problem. .

I had this happen once.... and if you have your transaction confirmation number, the office should be able to find your OBC.

I had redeemed a bunch - in different amounts - and one redemption "wasn't there". I went to the pursers desk, showed them my transaction numbers, and they had to send it to Miami - and it took a couple of days - and then the OBC showed up. This was all during the cruise.

Can be very frustrating - and I now like to see it before I sail - so I'm hoping to redeem early enough to see it when I log in - rather than always keeping my fingers crossed and watching the TV when we board.