Book now or wait to do onboard?

nanazsun

We are rather new, but now very loyal Azamara cruisers and begin our fourth cruise in December. I finally got my husband to agree to a TA in April 2018. I'm tempted to book now to make sure we get the cabin we want, but know that onboard we will be bumped up to the next level and have free nights and the perks for booking online. Can I cancel the cruise when on board to rebook and pay the rebooking fee like I have done in the past when prices go down with my travel agent? Can any of you extremely seasoned Azamara cruisers help with this question? thanks so much

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are rather new, but now very loyal Azamara cruisers and begin our fourth cruise in December. I finally got my husband to agree to a TA in April 2018. I'm tempted to book now to make sure we get the cabin we want, but know that onboard we will be bumped up to the next level and have free nights and the perks for booking online. Can I cancel the cruise when on board to rebook and pay the rebooking fee like I have done in the past when prices go down with my travel agent? Can any of you extremely seasoned Azamara cruisers help with this question? thanks so much

I would advise against using the free LCV loyalty nights on a TA. The reason is that the free nights are used on the full fare, not using any discounts. The TA's are always discounted so often if you use the free nights with the full fare of a TA, the cost may be more than the discounted TA fare. Also you get more bang for your buck on shorter cruises which are not usually discounted (popular). However, be aware that the most popular cruises (ie Japan) are currently blacked out for booking with LCV free nights. You have one year to book the free LCV nights after your earn them (in your case Dec. 2017), but they can be used on cruises more than a year away. Also once booked, if you cancel the cruise the free night are lost, they can not be transfered.

Booking on board gives you the current discount (whatever that is in Dec 2017) plus the LCV % discount (not given if not booking onboard), and an OBC ranging from $100-1000.

TA's sometimes sell out, but if your cruise is after the final payment date Dec.8, 2017 there may be cancelletions. So often after that date there are heavy discounts, but mostly on OV and insides.I know the final payment date as I am booked on that cruise. Hope to see you.

I can't answer the cancel and rebook question.