Windjammer on Navigator

I'm thinking of going on the NOTS with my mom in January. She's concerned about the food in the Windjammer. She doesn't see anywhere where they have hamburgers and hotdogs, a deli or the kinds of food Carnival has. Can you please tell me what the Windjammer has? TIA

I'm thinking of going on the NOTS with my mom in January. She's concerned about the food in the Windjammer. She doesn't see anywhere where they have hamburgers and hotdogs, a deli or the kinds of food Carnival has. Can you please tell me what the Windjammer has? TIA

Windjammer has hamburgers, hot dogs, and deli fixings, among many other items.

Yes WJ has these items , deli sections are pretty good, hamburgers seem to be sitting in grease, you will not starve

We were on Navigator in February and pleasantly surprised with Windjammer on this ship. The food was very good and always had a ton of options. Lots of sandwich fixings and salad options. Plus all the burgers, pizza, pasta options you would expect. Your mom will have no trouble keeping full! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

the WJ serves these vaguely round shaped items that may or may not contain actual edible content that they market as hamburgers. the pulled pork is usually digestible.

the NAV has the Park Cafe in the Solarium where they used to have a topping bar for the burgers and dogs for lunch. that would also be the closest thing to a deli in that there are sandwiches.. both pre made plus the paninis ( I highly recommend the brie and ham)

for the rest of the area, its the usual suspects.. bread, cheese, salad fixings, made to order eggs, at least one carving station and a themed station that changes nightly.

This thread is reassuring (mostly).

I'm on Explorer of the Seas next year, and it doesn't have much 'free' offerings. Just the Windjammer and MDR and I was curious if you could get things like Pizza each day.

For burgers and sandwiches is it 'build it yourself' or do you put your own fixings on them? I hate pre-made sandwiches because they ALWAYS have mayo on them, which I can't stand and there is no possible way to 'pick it off'.

I'm on Explorer of the Seas next year, and it doesn't have much 'free' offerings. Just the Windjammer and MDR and I was curious if you could get things like Pizza each day.

For burgers and sandwiches is it 'build it yourself' or do you put your own fixings on them? I hate pre-made sandwiches because they ALWAYS have mayo on them, which I can't stand and there is no possible way to 'pick it off'.

unless you go to a specialty restaurant, all food is free

the NAV has the Park Cafe in the Solarium where they used to have a topping bar for the burgers and dogs for lunch. that would also be the closest thing to a deli in that there are sandwiches.. both pre made plus the paninis ( I highly recommend the brie and ham)

Are you sure? I was on Navigator in July and I didn't see a Park Cafe in the solarium.

Burgers - they have the buns, the meat, the cheeses and the other fixings all separated and you take what you want and build. The sandwiches in the WJ are the same but you won't have a huge selection of meats and cheeses, or even breads, it will be mostly rolls.

Yes, but as I understand it on Explorer the only places that are not specialty restaurants is the Windjammer and MDR. There is no Sorrentos for example.

Explorer also has Cafe Promenade, where there is no extra charge for food.

You will find a salad bar, dessert bar and the dinner menu is close to what is served in the main dining room with some additions. At lunch there are also plenty of choices in either the cold food or hot food areas. There are sandwiches, rolls, breads, salads and main courses. They have hamburgers/hotdogs and pizza every day offered at lunch time. There are plenty of selections to be had.

Enjoy!

• 5 weeks later...

You can build your own sandwich in the windjammer. Condiments come separate and individually packaged.

Sent from my iPad using Forums