Lahaina - Tender Port with a small scooter

grandmaR

We are arriving in Lahaina at 7 am 2 November on the Star Princess - tendering. I know that Princess will give priority to their own tours. I use a small mobility scooter which weighs only about 50 lbs and folds up. I can get from the ship to the tender on my own and I think I can lift the scooter onto the tender. But I don't want to take a ship tour and most of the private tours seem to be VERY long and leave at 7:30 or 7:45. I am concerned that I won't be able to get a tender ticket in time to meet them at that time. I don't really want to rent a car and drive myself because I can't see anything that way.

I have been to Maui before and taken two tours there. One was to Haleakala and one was to some state parks.

What is the possibility of hiring a taxi or some kind of private guide?

I will be by myself because the friend that I'm traveling with is taking a snorkeling tour

What is the possibility of hiring a taxi or some kind of private guide?

Are you thinking of just coming ashore and finding a taxi or guide or do you want to have something arranged in advance? Advance is better. What would you like to see/do on Maui? A taxi or private guide would likely run higher than Roberts though, which you felt was expensive.

I could just get a taxi (if they are available), but I would rather arrange in advance. I am not quite sure exactly what I would like to do - I've done the two big tours (Haleakala and the two state parks). I'd love to do the road to Hana, but I don't think I have the energy to do the whole thing even if I had time. I might want to revisit Haleakala but it looks like that is a good ways from the dock. I wouldn't mind doing a luau and we are there until 11 pm.

But it has to be somewhat flexible because I don't know how quickly I can get ashore or how much energy I will have.

I wouldn't mind doing a luau and we are there until 11 pm

You just said the magic word - luau. Two excellent luaus are Old Lahaina Luau and The Feast At Lele. Old Lahaina Luau is Hawaiian, with buffet service and only a few miles from the tender dock. The Feast At Lele is Polynesian with table service and almost next door to the dock. Google both of them to see if they appeal. Your travel friend might enjoy it too.

You just said the magic word - luau. Two excellent luaus are Old Lahaina Luau and The Feast At Lele. Old Lahaina Luau is Hawaiian, with buffet service and only a few miles from the tender dock. The Feast At Lele is Polynesian with table service and almost next door to the dock. Google both of them to see if they appeal. Your travel friend might enjoy it too.

My friend would definitely enjoy this. Table service is better for me - I have a problem with buffets on the scooter. Do you think we could walk to The Feast at Lele?

My friend would definitely enjoy this. Table service is better for me - I have a problem with buffets on the scooter. Do you think we could walk to The Feast at Lele?

The tender dock is less than half a mile from where The Feast At Lele is located (505 Front Street) and the luau is wheelchair accessible. You can certainly walk there if you take your time and scoot around any bumpy places in the sidewalk.

You and your friend (if you haven't done so already) may want to take a look at the menu they serve to see if it is something you would like to try or not. If you like being adventurous in trying different cuisines, a luau is a good choice for that.