Oasis to Empress/October

danp

We will be doing a seven night on the oasis out of Cape Canaveral,when we disembark we will be renting a car to go to Tampa for the Empress for the Cuban cruise,Has anyone every done this?What is the drive time to tampa?

I would budget at least 2 hours and 15 minutes just for drive time, longer if there are traffic problems. Then add rental car pickup and dropoff, and rental shuttle waiting time.

Edited by Host Clarea

You will be taking the "Beach Line" from Port Canaveral to Orlando and then I-4 from Orlando to port of Tampa. Having lived in Windermere (Orlando) for years I would allow much more time than Host clarea/Bob suggests. Traffic on I-4 is most often a real nightmare, especially in the Disney area. We used to allow 2 hours from Windermere to Tampa for that reason. Google port to port and then add about an hour for traffic/accidents. Have only had traffic issues on the PC to Orlando segment once in about 25 years but you never know.

At times just getting to the port once you are in Tampa can be a challenge, other times not so much. We now live north of Tampa and take a different route but do have traffic issues in airport area on occasion.

Happy Sails

Try and get off of Oasis as fast as you can, in order to budget 4 hours for the entire day. The drive is 2 hours 30 minutes, but as Clarea said, you will need to budget traffic time, as well rental car pick up/drop off time. If you get going around 8AM, you could be at the Empress by noon, and that's considering issues that could arise. It's much better to be early than late! Best of luck on your trip!

I have lived in Orlando for more than 50 years. I would allot a minimum of 3 hours with pick up, drop off, and travel. I-4 will probably clear out after you get past Disney. You'll be traveling on Sunday morning and that will help. Have fun on both of your cruises and enjoy our beautiful state.

I too live in Orlando and agree you need to allow at least 4 hours port to port!! So much of I-4 is under construction and traffic is horrendous even on Sunday mornings!! I travel the Tampa/Orlando route regularly and it has become a diffcult and painful drive!!