Fort Lauderdale Airport - Can I make it ????

hollon

If my flight leaves at 11:45 am, do I have time to make it to the Fort Lauderdale airport? Are there cabs out front?

If I book through rccl air - it's a little more, but what is the benefit? Do they let people w/ air get off ship first?

If my flight leaves at 11:45 am, do I have time to make it to the Fort Lauderdale airport? Are there cabs out front?

If I book through rccl air - it's a little more, but what is the benefit? Do they let people w/ air get off ship first?

Should be no problem to make the 11:45am flight.

People with cruise air have no priority leaving the ship. I would not use cruise air for purely domestic flights.

I've made a 10:45am flight out of FLL with plenty of time to spare. You should have no problem getting off the ship, collecting your luggage, going thru customs/immigration, and catching a taxi to the airport.

We made a 10:45 out of FLL last Saturday. I would suggest that you do self disembarkation where you carry your own bags off the ship. We were off by 7:15 and in the cab at 7:20. Airport is about 10 minutes away from port.

When we sailed Allure in January, I used luggage express and it was available for flights from 11:30 on, so it's a safe bet that you will make your flight.

In July, I had a 10:50 flight and used self debarkation. I had breakfast in the Windjammer, left the ship about 7AM and was at the airport by 7:15. It wasn't crowded at that point. I was there in time to get an earlier flight home, but unfortunately, Southwest wanted $300 per person to change to that and I decided it wasn't worth the money to get home a couple of hours earlier than the original flight.

By the way, I did use the Mobile passport app on my phone and I have a known traveler number which makes life a whole lot easier.

You will be at the airport WAY before your flight...no rush...and no problem! You could be off the ship by 8am and at the airport by 8:30...and that's without rushing!

You will NOT need to do the "self-carry" thing with a flight that late.

We've done it when porting in Miami even! There we Self-Assisted and took a service to FLL. At the airport by 8:00 and our gate by 8:30, even with my walking problems! Husband said I should have booked an earlier flight, but then I reminded him of the time we didn't dock until 9:00 AM once in MIA!

When we sailed Allure in January, I used luggage express and it was available for flights from 11:30 on, so it's a safe bet that you will make your flight.

In July, I had a 10:50 flight and used self debarkation. I had breakfast in the Windjammer, left the ship about 7AM and was at the airport by 7:15. It wasn't crowded at that point. I was there in time to get an earlier flight home, but unfortunately, Southwest wanted $300 per person to change to that and I decided it wasn't worth the money to get home a couple of hours earlier than the original flight.

By the way, I did use the Mobile passport app on my phone and I have a known traveler number which makes life a whole lot easier.

I just down loaded that app for my upcoming cruise also...