Price Change

AlanF65

I made a reservation last month for 2018 to Alaska. Last night I added Crown and Anchor number and my BOGO 50 off discount went away. I didn't make any other changes, I was just trying to see what my stateroom number was. Before I call is this a software glitch? I have never sailed on RC and added the C&A membership after my reservation was made and $250 deposit was paid.

I made a reservation last month for 2018 to Alaska. Last night I added Crown and Anchor number and my BOGO 50 off discount went away. I didn't make any other changes, I was just trying to see what my stateroom number was. Before I call is this a software glitch? I have never sailed on RC and added the C&A membership after my reservation was made and $250 deposit was paid.

I'd call RC customer service and ask them to fix the price. It seems that they still have problems with the website making unwanted changed.

did the balance price change?

Just curious, if you've never sailed RC before, how can you have a C&A number? I thought you only got that after you completed your first cruise.

Just curious, if you've never sailed RC before, how can you have a C&A number? I thought you only got that after you completed your first cruise.

They are now allowing people to sign up for C&A before their first cruise. No perks, but in the past they have required C&A membership to book onboard.

My wife and I had ours right after we booked (about 300 days before our cruise) and added it to our reservation for February of this year. My kids both have theirs for our 2nd cruise (their first) next year.

They are now allowing people to sign up for C&A before their first cruise. No perks, but in the past they have required C&A membership to book onboard.

Thanks! I didn't know that. I will have the new cruisers who are joining us to sign up before the cruise.

I posted about the same thing happening to me just last week. It gets fixed once I call and spend quite some time explaining the issue. I've learned that it changes anytime I go into my reservation on line - which has taught me to just stop opening up my reservation at all. Very frustrating! I do have a statement from them showing the correct rate, including discounts and down payment - requested that as a result of a suggestion on this board.

This also happens if you make any changes to the area of the reservation that lets you pick your dining choice (early, late MTD) and how you want your beds arranged. What happens is that it reprices the reservation to the current rate. Their website has more glitches than grains of sand on a beach!

So it took about 20 minutes to resolve, the customer service rep saw the change in about two minutes but she couldn't get me everything back from the sale so it had to be escalated. The got me my original deal back, basically the website considered me adding the C&A # a change to the reservation and it went to todays street price.

They sent me an invoice confirming everything which they never did before. Now I have a formal document with the discount and prepaid and onboard credits.

The RC website is definitely buggy, I would have booked with the warehouse travel but the deal wasn't available when I booked so I booked direct. Today I could get the same deal with more ob. cash and the cash card form the warehouse travel.

A-

So it took about 20 minutes to resolve, the customer service rep saw the change in about two minutes but she couldn't get me everything back from the sale so it had to be escalated. The got me my original deal back, basically the website considered me adding the C&A # a change to the reservation and it went to todays street price.

They sent me an invoice confirming everything which they never did before. Now I have a formal document with the discount and prepaid and onboard credits.

The RC website is definitely buggy, I would have booked with the warehouse travel but the deal wasn't available when I booked so I booked direct. Today I could get the same deal with more ob. cash and the cash card form the warehouse travel.

A-

Glad to hear it worked out. I would consider the problems "bugs" if about half the time they were in our favor.:rolleyes:

Also, Celebrity Captain's Club members have always been able to sign up for C&A based on their Captain's Club tier, before their first Royal cruise. So, a Captain's Club Elite member can (and has been able to for many years) take his or her first Royal Caribbean cruise as a C&A Diamond member.

A-

You may still be able to transfer the reservation to the big warehouse travel agency depending on how much time has passed. If you transfer you'll get the travel agency perks. No need to call Royal. Call the travel agency and provide them the reservation/booking number.

Edited by Tee & Chilli

Their web site is crazy, I booked my upcoming cruise on Harmony for September couple days ago. All went well, got the email said that I paid the amount in full, my cruise account showed the correct amount. Printed out both the invoice and the email. Half an hour later I decided to go in and changed the bed choice . Right away,they took out the C&A discount, and said my balance now is $100. Called C&A next day, the guy said I see that your balance is $385.I said uh uh, I got the invoice and the email here with the correct amount, I'm not going to pay that. So after he put me on hold couple times then come back with " great news " that it's all fix :'). I asked him why it did that, he told me it happen "sometime " when people make changes .Lol

Edited by Moon Orchid

I posted about the same thing happening to me just last week. It gets fixed once I call and spend quite some time explaining the issue. I've learned that it changes anytime I go into my reservation on line - which has taught me to just stop opening up my reservation at all. Very frustrating! I do have a statement from them showing the correct rate, including discounts and down payment - requested that as a result of a suggestion on this board.

It's happened to my sister twice also I told my her to stay away from RCI site lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

You may still be able to transfer the reservation to the big warehouse travel agency depending on how much time has passed. If you transfer you'll get the travel agency perks. No need to call Royal. Call the travel agency and provide them the reservation/booking number.

I made my reservation on 7-22-2017. It was such a good deal I didn't want to do much shopping around other than price checking for an few hours various other choices. Do I have 60 days to change?

Its too early to get flight reservations on the airline I want, I think I have the miles for a free airline ticket and I was going to do that through the RC link but now I think I will just use the airline direct.

I am a little worried about adding excursions next spring. My first cruise was Carnival and I had zero issues with their website.

I think it might be worth considering a sticky for known RC web issues.

A-

I made my reservation on 7-22-2017. It was such a good deal I didn't want to do much shopping around other than price checking for an few hours various other choices. Do I have 60 days to change?

Its too early to get flight reservations on the airline I want, I think I have the miles for a free airline ticket and I was going to do that through the RC link but now I think I will just use the airline direct.

I am a little worried about adding excursions next spring. My first cruise was Carnival and I had zero issues with their website.

I think it might be worth considering a sticky for known RC web issues.

A-

You have 60 days from the time you booked to transfer to a TA as long as it isn't after final payment or if you have not paid your cruise in full. So, check out different TA's to get the best offer.