False 30% Off Advertisement of Voom 2 Device Package

Good afternoon,

Has anyone else had any experience with Royal Caribbean regarding their false advertisement via a banner on the 2-Device Zoom Package claiming it is "30% OFF ONBOARD PRICES"? I have spent over an hour on the phone with them and emailed about it, and they still have the misleading banner tricking users into thinking they are actually getting 30% off the 2-device package when, according to multiple RCI representatives, it is really only 20% off. They have clarified that 1-device package is 30% off, which is why it's cheaper than half of the 2-device package.

After being on hold for over 45 minutes and then having them telling me they couldn't do anything about the deception, they took all the 30% off banners down for a few days and then put them back up. This is extremely misleading.

It makes no sense to charge MORE for a 2-device plan than it would cost to get two 1-device plans. Even two of the representatives I talked to admitted that.

For those of you interested in the math... if $230.22 represents a 20% discount, then the regular price would be $287.78 ($31.98 a day). If they were really offering a 30% discount as they are advertising, the price would be $201.44. So, the difference in what they are advertising and what they are actually offering is $230.22 - $201.44 = $28.78.

I really expected better customer service from Royal Caribbean - which is why I made sure to book with them for this upcoming cruise. Is this really how they do business now? It's been a few years since I have sailed on Royal Caribbean, but I don't remember the company being this dismissive and crooked before. I'm so disappointed that they apparently care more about 28 dollars and change than a loyal customer...

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Paola

1691284564_RCVoomsmaller-2017-08-09_16-53-18.jpg.52bb9bbf712f4f4323c907f9be33c9e3.jpg

Hard to make any "sense" of what, when & why RCI does anything...If you don't want the package...don't purchase it.

Welcome to Cruise Critic... I'm sure they'll be lots more subjects for you to post about.

Can't imagine wasting my time complaining to the phone reps about this (or anything else). Most of us ignore the random percent off icons on the web site and either book something when the price is acceptable or don't book. Is IS a good idea to watch here for sales on internet, beverages and shore excursions, though. Very easy to cancel and rebook something at a lower price.