Giovanni's How do you order?

I see they have categories...Appetizers and Salads, Soups, Pastas and Entrees....do you order one item from each? Have never been, so just curious.

no. I have no desire to eat myself stupid. I get ONE out of the first 3 courses and EITHER a pasta or an entree. then dessert.

keep in mind that you may only have one 'entree' per fee and any additional are at like $10 each. if you are lucky, you waiter will bring out any of the other itms to share.

We like the apps served "family style" in the middle of the table to share. Have made the whole meal include only apps, especially if the spinach and ricotta crepes are on the menu.

Oh, and just a note......we like the lasagna, but it is on the lunch menu and not the dinner menu. Just stop by during the day, and let the host know you would like some for dinner that night and to save some for you. They will bring all you want.

Order almost anything you want. If you order two entrees, there is an upcharge, otherwise, your eyes can be bigger then your stomach.

Sort of, I do agree my eyes were bigger than my stomach. However, I asked our waiter his recommendation between two entree items I couldn't decide on. He suggested one, which I took, then he brought us the other one set in the middle of the table. Well, of course we, I mean me, had to eat it. I was totally miserable.

But no upcharge for the extra entree.

I am looking forward to "first night done right". As a solo how does the "family style" serving work?

Sometimes, my husband and I want different appetizers. They put what each of us ordered in front of us ... not in the middle of the table to share.