Rum tours

SouthCaribbean2017

Hi,

I was wondering if there were any multi-facility rum and/or rum shop tours.

I found "STRICTLY BAJAN RUM SHOP TOURS", but conveniently they are not open on the day I'll be in Barbados.

St. Nicholas Abbey is on my must-visit list, fairly open-minded after that (Mt. Gay? Various rum shops?)

I can't figure out if booking a taxi and paying the driver for a few hours is a better idea, or if there is a tour that meets what I'd looking for.

Hi,

I was wondering if there were any multi-facility rum and/or rum shop tours.

I found "STRICTLY BAJAN RUM SHOP TOURS", but conveniently they are not open on the day I'll be in Barbados.

St. Nicholas Abbey is on my must-visit list, fairly open-minded after that (Mt. Gay? Various rum shops?)

I can't figure out if booking a taxi and paying the driver for a few hours is a better idea, or if there is a tour that meets what I'd looking for.

Spend a relaxing day at St N. The tour, grounds, refreshments, are worth it.

Then get your bespoke engraved bottle of 15/18 yo, which is refilled at half price on each subsequent visit.;)

The rum is not messed about with, and is straight from the barrel. :)

Spend a relaxing day at St N. The tour, grounds, refreshments, are worth it.

Then get your bespoke engraved bottle of 15/18 yo, which is refilled at half price on each subsequent visit.;)

The rum is not messed about with, and is straight from the barrel. :)

And how much does the bespoke bottle cost?

• 5 months later...
We are looking to do this on our cruise in a month. What is the recommended transportation to do a rum tour?

Taxi there and back.

US$ 50.00 each way with tip for 4 persons.

Time about 40 minutes each way

Do you set up your transportation before you go? Or, have you just gone to the end of the pier and grabbed a taxi? Also, the driver will wait for you there?

Has anyone done the Mount Gay rum tour that is close to the port the headed to the beach for the day?

Thanks!

Do you set up your transportation before you go? Or, have you just gone to the end of the pier and grabbed a taxi? Also, the driver will wait for you there?

Has anyone done the Mount Gay rum tour that is close to the port the headed to the beach for the day?

Thanks!

I'm also wondering about doing the Mount Gay rum tour on our own.

• 2 weeks later...
Would sure love to know if these premium rums, not available in the U.S., are available in Duty Free there in port......

Have a friend, with status, in the Barbados Tourist Board.

Send an Email asking for her help in arranging something personally for you.

Send me an Email to portroyal1518@gmail.com

I will pass her contact details.

Wow, that much for a taxi? On the map, it doesn't look that far from the cruise ship dock.

As the fare appears too expensive, you could consider public transport. The bus station is about a 15 minute walk from the pier, where one can ask how to get there

• 3 weeks later...

I'm back! I utilized Andrew Transport for a customized tour that visited Mount Gay rum, St. Nicholas Abbey rum, and Banks brewery. We also stopped at a local bakery for a quick snack. The service was $40/hour - and that does not include entrance fees to the facilities.

My driver David was great, knew Barbados very well.

Of the three, I thought Mount Gay rum was the best. St. Nicholas Abbey was certainly neat for the history - plus it is right near Cherry Tree Hill which provides a great photo op - however I honestly didn't care for the rum whatsoever. Additionally, St. Nicholas Abbey is to the far north of the island, and takes 30-40 minutes to get there (and back!) which is a pretty big chunk of the day.

We had just enough time to grab some beers at Banks brewery, which has one of the nicer brewery gift shops I've been too. The beer was nice too.

http://www.andrewtransportbarbados.com/

• 3 weeks later...
I'm back! I utilized Andrew Transport for a customized tour that visited Mount Gay rum, St. Nicholas Abbey rum, and Banks brewery. We also stopped at a local bakery for a quick snack. The service was $40/hour - and that does not include entrance fees to the facilities.

My driver David was great, knew Barbados very well.

Of the three, I thought Mount Gay rum was the best. St. Nicholas Abbey was certainly neat for the history - plus it is right near Cherry Tree Hill which provides a great photo op - however I honestly didn't care for the rum whatsoever. Additionally, St. Nicholas Abbey is to the far north of the island, and takes 30-40 minutes to get there (and back!) which is a pretty big chunk of the day.

We had just enough time to grab some beers at Banks brewery, which has one of the nicer brewery gift shops I've been too. The beer was nice too.

http://www.andrewtransportbarbados.com/

$40/hr? Per person? How many hours was it?

The service was $40/hr. There were 2 of us, unclear on how many could be accommodated.

Our tour was approximately 6 hours total - and again I'd say going up to St. Nicholas Abbey took up a good chunk of that time - we spent probably an hour or so there, and the drive each way was 30-40 minutes. Not somewhere I would visit again on a cruise due to the limited time in port.

The service was $40/hr. There were 2 of us, unclear on how many could be accommodated.

Our tour was approximately 6 hours total - and again I'd say going up to St. Nicholas Abbey took up a good chunk of that time - we spent probably an hour or so there, and the drive each way was 30-40 minutes. Not somewhere I would visit again on a cruise due to the limited time in port.

Thanks for the quick reply. I think I might just do a quick excursion and then hit up Mt Gay on the way back.