Girl Scout Camp Reunion Cruise

skipperanne

A group of women who loved various Girl Scout Camps, are cruising on the Gem on March 9, 2017. If Girl Scout Camp had a positive influence on your life perhaps you would like to join us: there is nothing official about this cruise, just Camp Alumni.: Hey, Girl Scout types, and those who love them: What are you doing March 9-19, 2017 ? Why not consider going on a Girl Scout camp reunion cruise ? It is a 10 day cruise on the NCL Gem, sailing from NYC to the Eastern Caribbean. Rates start at $799/person for an inside cabin ( other options can be seen on the NCL website). For reservations, contact via e-mail: Sue@CruiseWithALocal.com, or leave a message at: 800-876-0168. Tell her that it is the camp reunion group, so that she can get you whatever perks are available. Bring friends and family. This is going to be a low key event. We will try to have a group get together at the beginning and a dinner. We will have a celebration on March 12, of course. Everything depends on how many people choose to join the group, and what they want to do. People can choose to be silly, or just lounge by the pool. We expect that there will be guitars, singing, and meals like we only got at staff banquet. There will be no real campfires, but we can pretend, and at least we will not have to sit on the ground.

• 3 months later...
That sounds like a fun idea! I notice I have my treasured songbook but need some help recalling the music that goes with the words!

Hope you can join us. Not sure how many people are in the group yet, It looks to be a popular cruise date.

Skipper / Anne

Hi, Skipper! I see you are from CT. I went to Camp Maria Pratt back in the 80's.

Awesome! I loved Maria Pratt. I have a good friend who directed there for awhile. I did some programs there. She has now been sold to Camp Mo. Sadly for Girl Scouts, but good for their program. I am a Candlewood girl myself. Love to sail!! I have also been to the other CT camps: Laurel , Yankee Trails, and Timber Trails. As a teacher, i was fortunate enough to be able to spend many summers at GS camp. I think Eagle Island might be my all time favorite, but Girl Scouts have sold that one as well (but the alumni bought it!!).

I know Maria Pratt has an active alumni group. Would love to have many of you join us on this cruise!!

Skipper

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds like so much fun! I'm on the Sensation a week later or I would be there. Never got to go to camp as a young scout myself but was a leader and ensured my daughter got the wonderful experience every year. She is now a counselor herself at Camp Sycamore. Have a great time!

• 3 months later...