Anyone cruising w/Celestyal to Cuba manage a day trip to Vinales?

mlbcruiser

I'm REALLY hoping there is some way we can do a few hour trip to see the area around Vinales. However, our 2 days in Havana only offer a few hours in the afternoon when there isn't something scheduled. Hoping to possibly skip one of the tours we are not as interested in so we can visit Vinales. Has anyone who has cruised to Cuba with this line managed a trip there? I know non-Americans don't visit under the People to People program and no doubt get more free time if they want it. If any of you did a day tour to Vinales, I'd love to hear who you did it through. We actually don't want to do the cave(s) or horseback ride. Lived in Tampa years ago and have seen the cigars get rolled, so that's not that big a deal to us but might be an interesting enough stop. I know many people see that on Vinales tours. Just want to do a look- see drive around (as the terrain appears so pretty!), get out of the vehicle for a couple of stops and maybe have lunch or something. I have NO idea what this would cost, either, or how much time to allow for it other than the 2 to 2 1/2 hrs. it takes to go each way. So info. on these things would be appreciated as well!

Hope someone sees this who has been on one of these cruises and has some input!

Edited by mlbcruiser

• 2 months later...
Unfortunately, even on the large, mainstream cruise lines that happens with excursions sometimes. I don't think it's even offered on our cruise, anyway. Thanks for the info., though!

We just returned from our Jan 16-23 cruise and an excursion was available once you are onboard. As mentioned they do require enough people to sign up. It was $119. It is a full day tour as it is a 2 hour bus ride to the Pinar del Rio Province,includes cigar factory tour and lunch at a local restaurant.