911 Cruise?

Tluvscruising

I am interested in getting together a 911 cruise and wondered who would be interested? I work for the BC Ambulance Service in administration and thought it would be fun to get everyone together. I am looking into cruises for early Spring 2010.

• 4 months later...

That sounds like fun! I'm a 911 dispatcher for a police department and one of my cruise buddies works there too. We already have a cruise planned for 2010 though. But it would be interesting for a later date maybe, for us anyway.

• 1 month later...

We had thought about looking into this idea too for next Spring/Fall, but we are limited to when we can go, DH is at the Olympics for 6 weeks, and will be done the first weekend in March. Which is when Spring Break starts for the kids, who may or may not go to Grandmas, lol!

Elaine

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I've been looking for a Public Safety themed cruise! I found one online called "Guns and Hoses", but it seems pretty commercial... I'm sure the CC Public Safety community could come up with something good!

please be aware that only Cruise Critic sanctioned Group cruises can be posted on any boards... if you wish to coordinate a group cruise.. Contact our Cruise Critic Community Manager

Once you have an idea of how large your group will be initially and the month and ship of sailing, contact Laura (groups@cruisecritic.com) and let her know that you are interested in leading a new Cruise Critic group cruise. She will explain the process to you and will contact our Preferred Cruise Agency to obtain your official quote. After you receive your proposal, and checking with your initial group members, it is full speed ahead! Our Community Manager will create a web page for your group as well as designate your own message board forum in our community.CC group cruise

Edited by Host Star

Alrighty, Laura has been contacted. So, I'm gonna attempt to organize an official cruise critic member cruise! I'm looking a couple of years in advance to get plenty of time for planning around Public Safety schedules and also plenty of time to pay (cause lord knows we don't make that much!)

I am looking at the Carnival Valor's April 1st, 2012 Western Caribbean sailing out of Miami, FL. This week will also accomadate those with children as this is the most common K-12 spring break week.

So, if you have a badge, a star of life, a Maltese Cross or just tell everyone where they can go (dispatchers :-P) lets hear it! Who's up for some fun in the sun????

• 2 weeks later...
We did one a few years back. Had a great time.

yeah, we had a blast on that cruise!!! hey Sparky, If you are still out there, hello from olemedic and sweetnell!!

Edited by oldmedic

• 1 month later...

My first cruise was a Volunteer Firefighters cruise/conference. All told there were about 60 of us, between FF's, DH/DW's and one group that brought some friends. We had very short conference hours on the days at sea and formal nights were in Class A Uniform. It was all organized by a friend of mine, who had done one other cruise before. We got one special tour from the ship's safety officer, which was interesting.

Now this cruise was organized through another website that we were all members of and the organizer owned at the time. We all used a single TA, so the cruiseline knew we were coming on board as a group. It worked out really well. So this could work if someone takes the lead.

One thing I have found is that throwing the big 9-1-1 net out there might not work for stuff like this. Different groups may want to stick to their own. I have seen FF cruises & LEO cruises. I have been a Dispatcher for 21 years, and just recently left VFD after 13 years. The two groups were always pleasant to each other but really didn't socialize together that much, and several of us in dispatch are/were VFF's.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Sounds like a blast!

But better keep the War Stories to a minimum at mealtimes; too many non-911 folk would be losing their lunches/dinners/last Thursday's breakfasts if we'd share our "interesting on-the-job experiences" within their earshot:eek:.

That's how I made the fateful decision to get my EMT card--listening to DW and some NY State paramedic buddies "sharing" during a party one night.

• 5 months later...

Nah, civies may not get it so maybe they could / should learn. I lost 4 in my family on 911, one NYFD FF and three that worked in offices. Plus other smoke eaters I knew in other statuons killed or injured. Their photos are in the WTC memorial. Too much politically correct suff these past years. A 1st responder cruise would be awesome and if you are not in the brotherhood, time to expand one's experiences. I know we would party hardy!

• Like 1