Good safe place to eat in Cozumel

bradsnana

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My husband and I have been to Cozumel twice. The first time we randomly happened upon Coconuts and its all we talked about after. Next time in Cozumel we made a point to go back and will always be sure to try and get there. The food is spectacular, as are the drinks and the view. Highly recommend it.

Glad to see other suggestions on here because the next time we're in port 10am-10pm so will have lots of time to try something new.

• 5 weeks later...

I LOVED La Mission. It was delicious! Huge portion and very affordable. I got three tacos with rice, beans, guacamole. The first brought me out some toasted bread, and chips and salsa, then a bowl of soup, and then my entree. All that and a coca cola was only about $13 with a tip.

IMG_20151230_121919631.jpg

IMG_20151230_122600456.jpg

We have eaten at Palmeras Restaurant & bar every time we have visited Cozumel. Never a food quality or safety issue. It is a short cab ride to downtown central Cozumel. Restaurant is right on Main Street and faces waterfront, and as sitting in restaurant the ferry pier is just off to the right.

Amazing guacamole made fresh from trees growing right in restaurant we were told. Also great flan. Restaurant serving over 35 years. Wide variety Mexican/American - nice ambience, especially if get a table by street - open windows & watch world go by- cruisers, horse drawn carriages, ferry coming in and view if waterfront.

https://www.facebook.com/PalmerasCoz...=page_internal

I will second Palmeras. Love it! We have been three or four times now but had to miss our last time in Coz. Hope to return when we are back in early 2017. Food is consistently very good and service superb!

• 3 weeks later...

We really liked Casa Denis for authentic Yucatan-style Mexican food that was more local and different than what you get at home. Had pork calf roasted in banana leaves that was amazing. Lots of locals eating there as well, which is generally a good sign. You will actually have to take a taxi into San Miguel for that if you are at the International Pier, but totally worth it and San Miguel is much more fun to poke around in that the shipside shops anyway.

We also got the first round of margaritas for free from their busker out front, and good complementary tequila shots to end the meal. At that it was still less expensive than a comparable meal at home would have been, which is unusual in a tourist area.

Really boring but we had a (non planned) meal in Margaritaville, where we had arranged to meet up just for drinks after out various excursions but it turned into a bit of a session in the end.

They made the guacamole at the table and then we had some sort of fish I think it was fish tacos, washed down by 4 yummy cocktails. Not all that authentic but it was a fun afternoon.

I had researched and Mr S and Panchos kept coming up again and again, so would have chosen one of those had we been more organised/less tipsy and not wanting to move!

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...