How quickly do the ferry tours fill up?

lidorose

We will be on a partial transit cruise next April on Caribbean Princess. I know many in our group will want to take the ferry excursion all the way through the rest of the Canal. Is that something we can wait to book when we're on board, or is it best to book ahead because it fills up quickly? We usually wait until we're on board so we can use our OBC, but I wasn't sure with this one since there are no other options other than ship's excursions (not docking).

Thank you!

It has been my experience that they do not sell are the tour spots on line prior to the cruise. While they may sell out of slots for online sails they do reserve a portion of the slots for sale on board the ship. If you decide to wait and purchase on board, do it as soon as possible the day you board.

Just to clarify, this tour doesn't actually transit the rest of the Canal just the Pacific approach, the two locks on the Pacific side and Gaillard Cut. The portion that is omitted is the 23 miles of Gatun Lake.

It has been my experience that they do not sell are the tour spots on line prior to the cruise.

Just to clarify, this tour doesn't actually transit the rest of the Canal just the Pacific approach, the two locks on the Pacific side and Gaillard Cut. The portion that is omitted is the 23 miles of Gatun Lake.

I'm not sure how to interpret your initial comment but we booked online a month or so prior to the cruise. I suppose "selling out" depends on the cruise, but it looked like there were a few empty spots on our ferry boat.

Ditto on the omitted part of the canal.

I'm not sure how to interpret your initial comment but we booked online a month or so prior to the cruise. I suppose "selling out" depends on the cruise, but it looked like there were a few empty spots on our ferry boat.

Ditto on the omitted part of the canal.

It has been my experience that they do not sell are the tour spots....

Oops, forgive the typo... the "are" in my response should have read all.