My favorite cruise breakfast----what's yours?

richard1226

Room service coffee, tea, danish and fruit on the balcony. Then to the DR for fresh eggs, cooked the way you like with sides, omelets, waffles, pancakes, and other offerings (Eggs Benedict). With a coffee from the specialty coffee bar (included in Cheers!). Awesome!

My daughter used to love eggs benedict when she was younger, but then she was diagnosed with Celiac, and had to give up the English muffins. Now I make her own version once in a while. First is either a few pieces roasted asparagus or some sautéed spinach with garlic, next some thin slices of fresh salmon or lox, put a poached egg on top and drizzle copious amounts of hollandaise on top. I wonder if RCI would make something similar for her. anyone know how well they handle custom requests?

• 2 weeks later...

On the magic I had scrambled eggs with salsa, bacon, eggs benedict, sausage and a pastry. Lots and lots of fresh coffee and juice, and maybe some fruit and cheese...seven days of that and I was definitely stretching my waistband to the max :p

• 1 month later...
My daughter used to love eggs benedict when she was younger, but then she was diagnosed with Celiac, and had to give up the English muffins. Now I make her own version once in a while. First is either a few pieces roasted asparagus or some sautéed spinach with garlic, next some thin slices of fresh salmon or lox, put a poached egg on top and drizzle copious amounts of hollandaise on top. I wonder if RCI would make something similar for her. anyone know how well they handle custom requests?

These are very very normal variations (at least in Australia)... it is often called "Eggs Florentine" (when served with spinach) or" "Eggs Atlantic" when served with smoked salmon... and even if they don't recognise these names, its a very easy substitution... you probably still need to clearly state "no bread" or "gluten free".....good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...

I am not a big breakfast person normally, so I don't do things very differently on a cruise, though hubby hates it, lol. He always asks "Is that all you are eating" every time I fix a breakfast plate. That being said, I typically will get a carton of yogurt, some fruit, and a bagel or English muffin. Maybe once or twice a cruise I will grab a piece of bacon or some sausage.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm one of those folks from the South. Unfortunately, my morning meal consists of a granola bar and lots of coffee so when I'm on a cruise, breakfast is a real treat. I'm an early riser so I slip out of the cabin and have coffee and a pastry (or two) and take a leisurely walk around the deck. By the time I return, the rest of the family have gotten up and I go with them up to either the mdr or buffet for breakfast. I start with oj and more coffee, then eggs, waffles, fruit, bacon. Sometimes I have oatmeal and bacon and other days I have (gasp) biscuits and gravy or grits, and crisp bacon with my meal. I love having something different for breakfast every day.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I first answered this question almost 4 years ago with "Eggs Benedict". Last November I discovered Muesli and was hooked! Now I find myself counting down ... only 85 days until I get to start filling up on Muesli in the mornings for a week lol

dh

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I used to love the French toast with lots of butter.

Now I try a little of everything throughout the cruise. I love their oatmeal, bran muffins, crisp bacon, all kinds of stuff. I only eat a protein bar for breakfast most days so breakfast on a cruise is special.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Round 1:

Eggs Benedict/veggie and cheese omelet/2 eggs over easy

fried tomato 

At least 5 slices of thin, crispy bacon 

2 sausage links

hash brown/fries

toast with butter 

toasted bagel w salmon, cream cheese, capers

2 cups of coffee to wake up 

Round 2: 

another slice or 2 of crispy bacon

pancakes/waffles w chocolate or fruit

Glass of OJ to wash everything down 

• Like 1

I have been instructed to have a high protein 'lower carb' diet by a dietician. I have a similar breakfast on my cruise to home. 

Egg white Omlette with spinach, mushrooms, and a bit of feta cheese if they have it. The rest of my plate is filled with fruit, grilled tomato and grilled mushrooms, again if they have them, but they are usually not hard to find on a cruise ship.

Grandeur of the Sea had what I can only describe as some sort of Jamaican donut. I have no idea what was in it. It looked like half a donut and probably had cinnamon in it and I don't know what else. Very tasty, and I would grab one off the buffet ever time I saw one.

The best breakfast I had was the Bottomless Brunch on RCL when it was a new thing. They had a little high end buffet of brunch items. I had shrimp cocktail, caviar, filet mignon, eggs, and béarnaise sauce and probably six mimosas. My mother does not like breakfast and complimented the shrimp cocktail, joking with the waiter that the serving size in the dining room was too small. Smiling he brought her a plate with about a pound of shrimp on it. Steak, eggs, and béarnaise are now my favorite all time brunch item.

• Like 1