Seabourn Encore vs. Silver Muse

LauraS

Another great comparison review! I must say that the increasing trend to having specialty dining (or spa areas) with a charge is not a positive trend for this luxury cruiser. We pay top dollar for all-inclusivity and do not like being nickeled and dimed (although costs are more like tens to hundreds of dollars). This review raises Seabourn up in my opinion and lowers my thoughts of Silversea.

Note for transparency sake: We have not sailed on Seabourn and have sailed three times on Silversea.

Extremely well thought out comparison review. The charge for a couple of the restaurants on the Muse continues the way the Silversea has been heading for a long time now, but the splitting of the MDR and dress code specifics are an interesting concept. Whether they survive the test of time, full ships and changing demographics, we will see.

Generally the Seabourn Encore sounds slightly more welcoming, however the horrendous Retreat is a sign of the ongoing mass market approach to Luxury cruising and IMHO a major miscalculation.

On balance Silversea still has the edge over Seabourn.

Sent from my iPad using Forums