Hotels in Buenos Aires and Santiago

bl413

We used Hotel Tryp in Buenos Aires (San Martin 474) and while it is only 4* we found it comfortable and the staff were excellent. It is right downtown with very good restaurants close by. Also a pick-up place if you arrange tours. We took the breakfast option, very good indeed. If you fly into BA use

Taxi Ezeiza (white taxi): It costs A$ 118 or about US$30 to get to your downtown destination in Buenos

210x158xtaxi,P20ezeiza,P20booth.jpg.pagespeed.ic.LWQxevnQZQ.jpg

Aires. No reservation is needed and you can just request one of these taxis by going to the white booth in the middle of the terminal. Tell them you want to go to “Capital Federal” and have an address of where you are staying. A driver will then help you with your bags and you’ll be in your hotel in about 40 minutes. Notice that these are not the regular taxis from Buenos Aires which are black and yellow.

Reservations: Tel (54 11) 5480-0066 - reservas@taxiezeiza.com.ar

We stayed at icaro suite hotel for three nights earlier this month. Liked it so much we stayed there again when we came back from Iguazu.

It is close to Obelisk and about the blocks from Plaza Congresso. Also has a few subway stations very close by.

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a couple of years but I stayed at the Hotel Claridge in BA twice before cruises. Central location right off the main Florida shopping street. I walked all over the city from the hotel. Nice small area out back with a pool, very nice breakfast buffet. Both times had rooms with very small bathrooms.

We are looking for 4-5 * hotels in both areas that are located in interesting and walkable areas, for before and after cruise.

Any suggestions?

After noticing a price drop, we just booked at the Park Hyatt in BA.

We used Hotel Tryp in Buenos Aires (San Martin 474) and while it is only 4* we found it comfortable and the staff were excellent. It is right downtown with very good restaurants close by. Also a pick-up place if you arrange tours. We took the breakfast option, very good indeed. If you fly into BA use

Taxi Ezeiza (white taxi): It costs A$ 118 or about US$30 to get to your downtown destination in Buenos

210x158xtaxi,P20ezeiza,P20booth.jpg.pagespeed.ic.LWQxevnQZQ.jpg

Aires. No reservation is needed and you can just request one of these taxis by going to the white booth in the middle of the terminal. Tell them you want to go to “Capital Federal” and have an address of where you are staying. A driver will then help you with your bags and you’ll be in your hotel in about 40 minutes. Notice that these are not the regular taxis from Buenos Aires which are black and yellow.

Reservations: Tel (54 11) 5480-0066 - reservas@taxiezeiza.com.ar

Welcome to the the world of inflation, Argentina style. The fare is currently 690 pesos to from EZE to the downtown area or $43.50 dollar. Taxi Ezeiza is still the best option for transportation to downtown, it just costs more than when you were there. http://www.taxiezeiza.com.ar/spa/tarifas

I have mentioned in another thread that probably my favorite four-plus star hotel in Buenos Aires is the Alvear Art, located in the Retiro/downtown area adjacent to Recoleta. In Recoleta proper the Palacio Duhau Park Hyatt and the Alvear Palace are both spectacular five star options. The Four Seasons is close behind.

All of these are true luxury hotels.

After noticing a price drop, we just booked at the Park Hyatt in BA.

Great choice and in a prime Recoleta location. Honestly, I have never stayed there because rates were a little too steep for me but they serve great drinks in the bar. I used to lease an apartment on Libertad just down the street from this hotel and watched it as it was built to incorporate an old palace.....

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
We've stayed twice at the Marriott in Santiago and will likely stay there a third time next year. We prefer the tried and true and are never disappointed with Marriott properties.

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. Which Marriott and was it close to the main sights? Do they offer transportation to Valparaiso? And if so, do you recall how much it was?

Thanks,

Aunt dot