Do I need a cover up?

auntjoy036

My "swimsuit" is unconventional. I wear either knee or capri length solid color bottoms made of stretch fabric and a relaxed fit swim tee with a bra underneath. Since my swimsuit is so covered up, do I need an additional cover up dress or robe to go to the Lido or on deck grill or (as long as I am not wet from the pool) is my swimsuit sufficiently modest?

Thanks.

Vicki

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Glad to find this old thread; it answers the exact question I had. Just bought my first swim shirt; it's long, past hip length, and it has black shorts, they look like bicycle shorts. Wearing an old bra underneath it. I think I'm just going to wear some capris over the bike shorts and not worry about anything else on top. Going to the Caribbean so it's gonna be too hot for an extra layer.

It was mentioned before:

You sound sufficiently covered up. It's then a matter of tolerating air conditioned spaces in a wet outfit. Also, you can't go into the buffet when you are wet and you can't sit down in the buffet chairs with your wet bottom. On the lines we have cruised, they always had food on the pool deck for people in bathing suits.

Sounds like you will fine. If you want, take a generic T-shirt that you can just toss on if you go to the buffet. You'll look like many others in workout clothes! Otherwise, just go with what you have - enjoy your cruise!!