Premium Winery near Santiago, Chile

Cellagirl

I did extensive research before we went last December and finally settled on Emiliana. The make some lovely biodynamic wines and their flagship wine , Coyam, is highly rated. It also did not hurt that setting was delightful and the six of us had out wine tasting outside.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I did extensive research before we went last December and finally settled on Emiliana. The make some lovely biodynamic wines and their flagship wine , Coyam, is highly rated. It also did not hurt that setting was delightful and the six of us had out wine tasting outside.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for your reply. Can you tell me if this closer to Santiago or Valparaiso? Did you make a reservation? I am staying in Santiago pre cruise.

Michele

We used a company called Chilitours -- Carola Nuebauer. I arranged it as a stop on our drive from Santiago to Valparaiso. I would estimate it was about mid way between the two cities.

If you're a diy person, there is a great winery called Vina Aquitania. You can take the Santiago metro to the Quilin stop, and hop a cab (under $10) to the winery. It's smack in the middle of a suburb, but very good quality wines. I called ahead and let them know we were coming.

They called us a taxi for the ride back to the metro. I vaguely remember leaving - let's just say the samples were MORE than ample.

If you're a diy person, there is a great winery called Vina Aquitania. You can take the Santiago metro to the Quilin stop, and hop a cab (under $10) to the winery. It's smack in the middle of a suburb, but very good quality wines. I called ahead and let them know we were coming.

They called us a taxi for the ride back to the metro. I vaguely remember leaving - let's just say the samples were MORE than ample.

Thanks!! I will check into this!!!

• 4 weeks later...

A few years ago when we went around the cape ending in Valparaiso, we went to the winery Casa D'el Bosque in the Casablanca wine region on our way to Santiago.

The wine was excellent as well as the restaurant on site. It was Valentine's Day and certainly one to remember.

http://www.casasdelbosque.cl/en/

A few years ago when we went around the cape ending in Valparaiso, we went to the winery Casa D'el Bosque in the Casablanca wine region on our way to Santiago.

The wine was excellent as well as the restaurant on site. It was Valentine's Day and certainly one to remember.

http://www.casasdelbosque.cl/en/

We visited Casa Del Bosque in 2011 and loved it. It was far better than another huge winery that we visited in 2014.

Also, we can buy the wine in Atlanta when we visit relatives. It is great wine and not expensive.