British Airways

dickinson

The greatest difference is that on some flights, and on some aircraft, BA does offer true PE ...
All long-haul flights on BA aircraft should have premium economy (branded World Traveller Plus). For anyone who normally flies economy, it is definitely a substantial step up in comfort.

Update - The seats, for us, were not as bad as I expected. They actually seemed the same as other airplanes. The boxes underneath the seats were window and middle and not window and aisle as I expected.

The one glitch was that this flight was very late and landed about 3.5 hours late. Now we have to file a claim under an EU law which might give us money back. The delay was because they had to replace a coupling to the engine.

Wow! That was quick! British Airways has already responded to our claim and we are due 300 Euros each. I have to either send my bank info in an email (or two) or fax to a foreign phone number. Wish I could fax but don't know how to a foreign number.

Wish I could fax but don't know how to a foreign number.
Assuming it's a number in the UK, you just dial it as if it was a voice call to a UK number. I think that's 011 44 xxxxxxxxxx. Remember to drop the leading zero from the area code - so if the UK number is 02081234567, you dial 011442081234567.

Assuming it's a number in the UK, you just dial it as if it was a voice call to a UK number. I think that's 011 44 xxxxxxxxxx. Remember to drop the leading zero from the area code - so if the UK number is 02081234567, you dial 011442081234567.

Thanks! the phone # they gave me included their dial out code plus country code. It started with 0044. the next 10 numbers started with a 1. Now all I have to do is see if my printer/scanner/fax machine can call internationally. I don't know if it can. I have googled it but I can't come up with anything that says it is domestic only or not. It just says how to fax. I think this might be safer than email but don't know for sure. They did say I could send the info in more than one email.

Thanks! the phone # they gave me included their dial out code plus country code. It started with 0044. the next 10 numbers started with a 1. Now all I have to do is see if my printer/scanner/fax machine can call internationally. I don't know if it can.
Then from the US, I think the dialling sequence should be 011441xxxxxxxxx. The fax machine is unlikely to be able to distinguish between permissible domestic numbers and impermissible international numbers. Usually, the position is that so long as the phone line allows international calls, the fax machine will dial the international number and send the fax once connected.

Strange.

The two times I've claimed EU261 I've been issued a travel voucher (as good as cash to me since I use BA regularly). Last year I was sent a check by mail to the address my Executive Club account was registered to.

The two times I've claimed EU261 I've been issued a travel voucher (as good as cash to me since I use BA regularly). Last year I was sent a check by mail to the address my Executive Club account was registered to.
My companion has claimed twice and I have claimed once. On all three occasions, it's been paid to us by cheque, which has been no problem for us.

However, I do see quite a few reports of BA being happy to pay by bank transfer, so I think this must also be a regular method.

I was given the choice of direct deposit or Avios points. No other choice. Maybe because I am in US and a British check would be hard to cash? I also am not a member of British Airways frequent flyer program.

I'm US based too.

The first time I filed through the UK small claims court system (since I have a residence there I can use) and settled for the full amount plus court courts. That was when I got the MCO (travel voucher)

The second time was filed from my US address and was immediately sent the check.

Out of curiousity how many Avios did they offer you? But how could they offer you Avios if you don't have a BA Executive Club account?

I'm US based too.

The first time I filed through the UK small claims court system (since I have a residence there I can use) and settled for the full amount plus court courts. That was when I got the MCO (travel voucher)

The second time was filed from my US address and was immediately sent the check.

Out of curiousity how many Avios did they offer you? But how could they offer you Avios if you don't have a BA Executive Club account?

They didn't say how many Avios they would offer but just that it was an option. I filed through the British Airways website. Frankly the whole thing was not very straight forward. When boarding the plane they gave us all a brochure with info. Was not clear cut what to do except to contact your airline or go to the airline's website. We went to the website and found some information. I think it had a link to clink on which was a form to send to customer relations for several different situations. It did list this situation in a drop down menu. I wonder how many people never bother to file or give up in figuring out what to do.