Plus Size Swim Suits

july2012

Thanks

After posting this, I also saw a another post about plus size suits.

Lane Bryant, if they fit my bottom usually don't have enough to fill out the tops. Even with the 2 pieces, the tops have more room then I can fill out, if I get a too small top, then its too tight on my stomach.

And I'm losing weight, so no telling what size I will be in June, but suits are selling out fast, so I need to get something that fits now but will also look good 30lbs smaller...

Yeah I'm asking for a lot out of a swimsuit. Or I may buy size fits now and 1 size smaller,,,and just return one of them before the return deadline.

Lane Bryant and Roamans now have bathing suits where you can buy the top and bottom separately and in different sizes if needed. Love mine.

Hands down, the best suits I have owned are from LandsEnd. They are expensive, but I usually buy on sale, or at times through eBay. I have purchased from swimsuits4all, but I never feel like they provide enough support for the girls, or suck in my tummy. I did buy 3 coverups from swimsuits4all for my next cruise, and they are quite cute. I did get sucked into their most recent sale, and bought 2 more suits (9 day cruise) with the hope that one may work out. I'll know tomorrow when they show up.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hands down, the best suits I have owned are from LandsEnd. They are expensive, but I usually buy on sale, or at times through eBay. I have purchased from swimsuits4all, but I never feel like they provide enough support for the girls, or suck in my tummy. I did buy 3 coverups from swimsuits4all for my next cruise, and they are quite cute. I did get sucked into their most recent sale, and bought 2 more suits (9 day cruise) with the hope that one may work out. I'll know tomorrow when they show up.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ditto that on Lands End. And some of their one piece suits also are made for women who wear DD and DDD. I do like that!! And these suits last a looooong time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Anyone try those swim tees? Wide selection at Land's End. If difficult finding a comfortable top, might try tee without bathing suit top.

I like these because I wear a CGM on my upper arm and sometimes prefer to have that covered so people don't stare at me. You will definitely need a bathing suit top under them though!. I'm an A/small B cup, and even I can't get away with no bikini top underneath.

Also, if you buy from Land's End, their sizing runs pretty big. I am an apple shape and wear a 16w in most swimsuits, but I don't even wear plus size at Land's End. I buy the size L and it fits nicely over my tankinis.

The May issue of Glamour magazine is their swimsuit issue and they have all sorts of options for different sizes & shapes. One I plan to check out is SimplyBe (which is plus-ish clothing sizes 12-32) because they have swimsuit tops in bra sizes up really big, and presumably the ability to buy separates. (seriously, cups up to J:hearteyes:) Not sure the quality, probably not really good because of the cheap(er) pricing. On the other hand - I don't do daily water aerobics or laps and don't really use a swimsuit often most years, so it would be fine for my needs....

• 2 months later...

I'm going to Jamaica in a couple of weeks and I have 4 swimsuits! I'm so glad with the collection I've put together over the years [emoji5]I'll be ready for my Adventure cruise in November as I also have 2 additional swimsuits that I'm aiming to fit into by then [emoji160]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums