Iberia

jefa

I am currently looking for flights from either Madrid to Miami, or Heathrow to Miami for March 2018 and have found a very good deal with Iberia from Madrid, this is in economy class and is half the price of BA and VA out of Heathrow.

My question is, has anyone flown this distance on Iberia and how did you find the flight? Reviews online are a bit hit and miss as to comfort, food etc so any firsthand knowledge gratefully received. TIA

Have only flown them in business class, but food and service is comparable to their one world partners AA and BA.

For us going Miami to Madrid I think it was only a little over 6 hrs flight time. Not really long enough to justify the upgrade, but we had miles to burn. Moral being, the flight isn't so long that any slight variation of service would be noticeable. For you, you'll be on the plane, they'll serve you drinks, they'll serve you lunch, give you time to watch a movie, another round of drinks served, and you'll be landing.

Depends on what your overall objective is and your final destination. However, in a head up competition I would prefer the Madrid airport over Heathrow any day for the following reasons:

1. Madrid is a less congested airport and probably has fewer air traffic-related delays
  2. Madrid weather is better and probably has fewer weather-related impacts on flight operations (this is a guess on my part)
  3. I like Madrid's metro connection to the city better than London's - assuming you want to access the airport via public transportation.

Also, for standard economy BA and IB as pretty close in my mind and it's really not that long of flight.

Just curious, where are you starting your journey?

Thanks for your thoughts SelectSys. Madrid weather should be better than UK at that time of the year.

I'm starting my journey from Lanzarote, but my sailing companion is in UK. Usually I fly into UK and pick up a flight to Miami from LHR. However the flights on Iberia ex-Madrid are so much cheaper than any I can find ex-Heathrow, so am looking for answers from people who have used this route regarding comfort, food, attitude of cabin staff etc.

There's also the small matter of my companion having to get to Madrid of course!

Edited by jefa

Hi,we flew Iberia LHR-MAD-LIM on cattle class 2 years ago.My opinion was they were garbage,bad attitude cc,food rubbish and no spirits available.Our return from Rio was cancelled and we got a nonstop BA to LHR,what a relief that was,it was like comparing chalk and cheese,cheers,Brian.

Hi,we flew Iberia LHR-MAD-LIM on cattle class 2 years ago.My opinion was they were garbage,bad attitude cc,food rubbish and no spirits available.Our return from Rio was cancelled and we got a nonstop BA to LHR,what a relief that was,it was like comparing chalk and cheese,cheers,Brian.

I would prefer the configuration of the seat if you are flying economy class.its 2-3-2.

if you are flying business class the configuration is much better than BA.

I would prefer the configuration of the seat if you are flying economy class.its 2-3-2.

if you are flying business class the configuration is much better than BA.

Hi,it was such a forgettable experience,Ive forgot what plane it was,which is very rare for me.Some airlines seem to concentrate on their business product and forget about us poor sods in cattle,Iberia seems to be one of them,cheers,Brian.

I'm starting my journey from Lanzarote, ...

So I have another thought for you knowing that your point of departure is Lanzarote. Consider this: fly Vueling to Barcelona and then Norwegian to Fort Lauderdale. The total one way price for March is about 600 euro and this includes your transatlantic flight in premium economy. If you want to go normal economy the whole way it would probably be about 250 euro if you went in normal economy for your transatlantic segment. It would be difficult to beat this price wise. Go early and spend the saved money in Florida for a hotel. Your companion can fly down to Barcelona on Vueling as well from their nearest London airport.

Disclosures - I have never flown on Norwegian but I do like their business model. Vueling, based on my on board experience, is a decent low cost airline and provides a decent passenger experience.

Thanks for looking that up for me SelectSys. My friend will be coming from Leeds, so should have no trouble getting to MAD from BHX.

The Iberia flights I have found are 224€ each for a return to MAD/MIA/MAD in economy, using some Avios as well.

I'll go take a look at Norwegian. They fly from here to Gatwick and I've heard good things about them

Last year we did a Viking River cruise in France and the air they booked us on was Iberia JFK/Madrid/Niece and then Paris/Madrid/JFK return. It was economy. It was no better or worse than any other airline. The Madrid airport was quite nice and much more user friendly, less congested , and less likely for delays than Heathrow (which we have flown in/out of several times)