RC Voyager of the seas advice on 2 cots in interconnecting superior balcony room

Zephie1985

Hello we are cruising with our 2.5 year old twins on voyager of the seas in dec. first time cruisers. We have booked the last interconnecting room available so as to be close by to the grandparents who are staying in the room next door. When I booked the rooms they put a child in each room so 3 pax in each room. I didn't think anything of this until now I've started to stress that 2 cots won't just fit in our room. There is the lounge available in the room and I'm not sure if this converts to a bed? The twins Will be too little to go in one of those high beds that fold down from the wall. My main concern is how I will fit 2 cots. Would love advice from anyone that has traveled in this room type recently with young kids. I'm also keen to know to if there is still a curtain in the room to seperate the C lounge from the main bed? I'm having a hard time getting a conclusive answer on this one. Lastly I'm assuming our double umbrella stroller won't fit through the door, so should I just take 2 cheapie single umbrella strollers?:)

The deck plans will show what kind of bedding is in the room...there are symbols for sofa bed, or pullman beds. You will be given a pack and play...not a crib. You will have 179 sq. ft (but that includes the bathroom space) . It's going to be tight. You could ask the cabin attendant to take the coffee table out of the cabin. Perhaps one child could sleep on the sofa...some will turn it around to face the wall so that your child can't 'fall out".

The "divider"curtains on this ship are decorative...they don't close...sorry!

Thanks so much for your feedback.

I've checked the deck plan and it says that 'stateroom has a third Pullman bed available' do you know what that means? Is that one of the single beds up high that folds down from the wall? And would that be in addition to the lounge? The turning the lounge around the face the wall is a great tip and we may be able to get away with this for one of the twins. I also got the class wrong, we actually have booked a deluxe balcony room, class E1 so that floor plan is smaller :( but we really need the interconnecting feature to have somewhere to hang for when they are napping and at night. I think if I can get one on the lounge and one in a cot then we'll be OK. Are you allowed to take your own portacots?

• 1 month later...
Thanks so much for your feedback.

I've checked the deck plan and it says that 'stateroom has a third Pullman bed available' do you know what that means? Is that one of the single beds up high that folds down from the wall? And would that be in addition to the lounge? The turning the lounge around the face the wall is a great tip and we may be able to get away with this for one of the twins. I also got the class wrong, we actually have booked a deluxe balcony room, class E1 so that floor plan is smaller :( but we really need the interconnecting feature to have somewhere to hang for when they are napping and at night. I think if I can get one on the lounge and one in a cot then we'll be OK. Are you allowed to take your own portacots?

Each stateroom is categorized as to the maximum total number of passengers that are designated for each and is strictly limited to that. As you mentioned, check the ship's deck plans and see the symbols included with each to understand the occupancy capacity of each. If there is a Pullman bed available then the limitation for that stateroom typically would be three. Four would typically be accommodated with a double sofa bed. No standard stateroom can accommodate more than four. You would have to check directly with the cruise line on adding a crib or cot.

Pullmans do fold down and are typically above the couch or the bed with a ladder for access. Not all sofa's are sleeper sofas and those that are not designated as such cannot be used as a bed and cannot be turned to face the wall. Those that are fold out into beds. Staterooms that are connecting are designated as such on the ship's deck plans. You cannot take your own portacots to add sleeping capacity. As indicated each stateroom's maximum occupancy is listed on the deck plans and this is driven by lifeboat capacity and cannot be modified.

Check with your travel agent or directly with the cruise line via conversation to confirm your passenger mix and available staterooms designated to accommodate that.