Nieuw Amsterdam K6022

cruisePack842

Anyone stayed in this one? Is it larger than the standard inside?

Parallel to the passageway, door in the middle, like many others on 4,5,6 decks. Have not found any reviews, particular to this rectangular setup.

Any info and pictures are appreciated.

It is a standard small inside. The large K cabins are all located on Main Deck. There are pictures of several of these cabins on cruisedeckplans.com, but to see any more than a tiny thumbnail, you have to pay a minimal fee to join. You can make your member fee back by submitting pictures to the site. If you have an obsession about seeing cabin pictures, it would be worth your while to join. EM

Edited by Essiesmom

"obsession"? Whatever. You appear to be a lady, a Southern lady at that. I lived in the South, so I'll be a Gentleman and leave it there.

I ask because I may be offered an upgrade to an Obstructed view, later, so I want to know how much more I'm getting in size, and other amenities. It would also be nice to know how this particular rectangular cabin is configured. Will it have a chair, or a wraparound couch? And I'll check out cruisedeckplans.com.

Happy now?

Edited by cruisePack842
clarity

@EM

I think I qualify for cabin-obsessed! I paid a lifetime membership to CDP, several years ago... best.move.evah! I too feel like I need to know the bed placement especially and also the sofa if there is one. Even if the very cabin(s) aren't pictured, a nearby one or one nearby on a sister ship, will let me choose which room will have "whose" side of the bed is near the window vs. near the bathroom -- just for example.

Also having same-ship same orientation photos just helps make the cruise anticipation and planning all the more "real", heightens the excitement. I even like the bathroom pics (and many people contribute them so I can't be the only one!)!

There is no couch, no space for one. When you open the door, there will be a small table and one chair. Plus the stool at the vanity. EM

Thank you.

I paid just a few dollars more for this cabin, but it appears the only upgrade I got was that it will be nearly guaranteed quiet. End of passageway, cabins above and below. Also got $100 more OBC.

I think we'd be happy with it, but if an upsell is offered, we will probably jump on it. We'd like to be further aft, as well. We use a sound machine, so some noises won't bother us.

First cruise in 20 years. 2nd ever. It will be fun.