Seattle Hotel Choice: Fairmont vs Waterfront Marriott

alainamarie

Going back to Alaska May 2018 and I'm trying to decide between two downtown Seattle hotels. This will be my 7th trip to Seattle, but first time staying downtown. I have family north of Seattle and have already done the typical downtown activities.

Trying to choose between Olympic Fairmont and Marriott Waterfront. I'm sailing Norwegian so the pier is close to the Marriott, but I was able to get the Fairmont at a great price.

Was able to book both hotels for about the same price (both under $300). No penalty for cancellation. Just looking for friendly suggestions to help me choose! I have ample time, but keep bouncing back and forth.

Thanks so much!

Alaina

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have stayed at the Marriott and it was nice, but rooms a bit small IMO. Like being right across from the pier though.

The biggest plus for Marriott is being within walking distance. Fairmont is more centrally located I do believe.

What type of room did you have at the Marriott? I think I booked a panoramic water view.

Thanks again!

Alaina

For location, Marriott, but for service and overall value, Fairmont. Especially if you're staying a couple of nights.

Have you considered the Edgewater? Best of both worlds. I'm especially fond of their bar.

For location, Marriott, but for service and overall value, Fairmont. Especially if you're staying a couple of nights.

Have you considered the Edgewater? Best of both worlds. I'm especially fond of their bar.

Thanks for the suggestion - I just checked their website, it's $100-250 more. Especially for a waterview, that was quite a hike in price. Maybe I can try out the bar!

At the Marriott, I was given a partial bay view room and found it to be quite comfortable and not small, at all.

Since you have done the "downtown stuff" already, you might find the Marriott a better choice. There is a nice paved boardwalk along the Bay to the area where there are lots of attractions and restaurants. The walk was very reasonable in length. The hotel is close to an elevator that takes one up the hill (for further walking an incline) to get to Pike's Place Market. Not really a problem, but going back to the hotel was more enjoyable than getting to the Market! (Not as young as I used to be, you understand.)

Almost directly across the street from the Marriott is the complex of Anthony's Pier 66 Restaurants with public seating areas overlooking the Bay. Also, near the Restaurants, there is a Hop On/Off Bus stop.

I'm returning to the Marriott in late June for my July cruise on the Amsterdam.

At the Marriott, I was given a partial bay view room and found it to be quite comfortable and not small, at all.

Since you have done the "downtown stuff" already, you might find the Marriott a better choice. There is a nice paved boardwalk along the Bay to the area where there are lots of attractions and restaurants. The walk was very reasonable in length. The hotel is close to an elevator that takes one up the hill (for further walking an incline) to get to Pike's Place Market. Not really a problem, but going back to the hotel was more enjoyable than getting to the Market! (Not as young as I used to be, you understand.)

Almost directly across the street from the Marriott is the complex of Anthony's Pier 66 Restaurants with public seating areas overlooking the Bay. Also, near the Restaurants, there is a Hop On/Off Bus stop.

I'm returning to the Marriott in late June for my July cruise on the Amsterdam.

You have been a WEALTH of information and have helped me decide to stick with Marriott now. I was trying to decide on convenience or luxury. I've done Pike Place, Space Needle, underground tour, locks tour, etc. If you go to Pike Place, check out Piroshki Piroshki- just had it in march and it was SO GOOD. Worth the short wait.

Any favorite restaurants near the hotel? Touch base with me after your next visit [emoji39]

THANKS!!

You have been a WEALTH of information and have helped me decide to stick with Marriott now. I was trying to decide on convenience or luxury. I've done Pike Place, Space Needle, underground tour, locks tour, etc. If you go to Pike Place, check out Piroshki Piroshki- just had it in march and it was SO GOOD. Worth the short wait.

Any favorite restaurants near the hotel? Touch base with me after your next visit [emoji

You made a good choice. I will be staying there three days prior to my July 9th sailing. you have easier walk. I am out of pier 91. Have to taxi it over

You made a good choice. I will be staying there three days prior to my July 9th sailing. you have easier walk. I am out of pier 91. Have to taxi it over

Thanks! I figure it's a win-win situation, but really couldn't decide. I think I'll be happy with the Marriott. Let me know how you like your 3 night stay! I'll only be there 1 night.

Thanks! I figure it's a win-win situation, but really couldn't decide. I think I'll be happy with the Marriott. Let me know how you like your 3 night stay! I'll only be there 1 night.

I will post a review of hotel and ship. I love Marriott's. I have booked the airport Marriott for return; we have a 1055PM flight so will sightsee during day and go to hotel until we leave later in the evening

I will post a review of hotel and ship. I love Marriott's. I have booked the airport Marriott for return; we have a 1055PM flight so will sightsee during day and go to hotel until we leave later in the evening

Great! Can't wait to read your reviews. What itinerary are you taking in July?

Yes, for a couple days or more we would stay at the Fairmont. Certainly enough to do on the waterfront for a day but longer than that we'd be up the hill exploring downtown. Also a consideration is the continued construction south of the Marriott towards the Great Wheel/Miners Landing.