Hotels with shuttles near Charleston port and downtown?

rarose67

I'm going on my first cruise in September out of Charleston and would like to find a hotel with a park and ride where I can also leave my car. I'll also only have a couple of hours to sight see around Charleston, so are there any hotels near the historical sites that's also close enough to the port?

Hi, I hope you enjoy your cruise out of Charleston. Parking downtown is at a premium so I doubt you'd find a hotel willing to let you park for free while on a cruise. You'll have to go to Mt. Pleasant near the bridge for that. There are several properties there. You could get an Uber or taxi to the port.

So are all the hotels I've seen that offer park and cruise packages or offer shuttles and free parking for up to 14 days in Mt Pleasant? I'm not familiar with Charleston or surrounding cities.

I don't know what you've seen so I can't answer that. There are some in North Charleston and west Ashley too.

I'd suggest looking at the hotels location on their website.

However check out the difference in room rates between the parking package and regular room rate. Then calculate the port parking cost for your short cruise. And include the convince of getting to your car quickly vs paying transportation costs round trip

Sent from my iPhone using Forums