Got Questions About MSC Meraviglia?

Editor Gina

A couple of things spring to mind about this, Kikki.

1. I'm no psychologist, but, perhaps if you were to get to see a pic of the cabin, it could reduce - even slightly - the level of anticipation that you're experiencing at the moment.

2. It could be good to have one real surprise element to enjoy on embarkation. I find that now I've seen so much of the ship from videos, there isn't much unseen left.

As no-one, yet, appears to have posted that they'll be enjoying a similar cabin before you sail, it seems to me that it's unlikely you'll get any pictures on here beforehand. Perhaps on youtube?

Anyway, that's my tuppence ha'penny worth!

It's honestly not a biggie Bea!

If I see it that's great, if not then I will see it soon enough!

Time to check out YouTube though lol!

Sorry to have to burst your happiness bubble but you've been given duff info.

Cirque shows are NOT included in the cruise fare and are an added cost item.

Pete

I've just been reading through the info on the app. The Carousel Lounge page also states what you've posted:

"Please note that performances are not included in the price of your cruise, and that beverage packages are not permitted during the Cirque du Soleil experience".

Does that mean that if you want water/wine/beer with dinner you'll have to pay? Or, even, that they won't be served? (Doubtful - they'd have to provide liquids with a meal!).

I don't think this is going to go down too well. I'd been considering booking a second show with cocktails and having DH's one (which he wouldn't drink) and thought he could order a beer. That's put the kibosh on that!

Question: how do you pronounce 'Meraviglia'? I thought it was 'mehr-ah-vig-lee-a' but some of the videos I have seen have people pronouncing it 'mehr-ah-veel-ya' or 'mehr-ah-vee-ah' (i.e. without the g sound).

Which is correct? How do the crew pronounce the name of the ship?

Hi Adam. Will you be hosting anything CC related when you're onboard? I ask because we're boarding on June 16th, 2 days before you, so will be on at the same time.

That is a great idea! I need to check if there is a M&M, but either way, let's stay in touch and arrange to meet. Please email me direct at: editor@cruisecritic.co.uk

That is a great idea! I need to check if there is a M&M, but either way, let's stay in touch and arrange to meet. Please email me direct at: editor@cruisecritic.co.uk

I'd think it's highly unlikely there'll be an M&G, Alan. You only have to look at the roll calls and the Meraviglia threads to see how few CC members will be onboard in the next couple of weeks. I'll definitely email you in the next day or two, though.

Question please... We will be boarding the MSC Meraviglia oj July 7th in Marseille. I have a question for anyone who has already cruised on it. I'm concerned I may have booked my flight too early out of Marseille when we disembark. Does anyone happen to know what time the ship docked? Also, f anyone got off in Marseille, what time were you able to leave? Thanks so much!

She's due to dock at 9am next Saturday, which will be her normal, routine time for docking in Marseille.

Thanks! It says 9:00 in itinerary, but was concerned it mat have run late. Glad to hear it was on time!

Question please... We will be boarding the MSC Meraviglia oj July 7th in Marseille. I have a question for anyone who has already cruised on it. I'm concerned I may have booked my flight too early out of Marseille when we disembark. Does anyone happen to know what time the ship docked? Also, f anyone got off in Marseille, what time were you able to leave? Thanks so much!

You mean July 8th, right?

Keep us posted on whether or not you have problems with disembarkation and catching your flight out of Marseille. We fly out of Marseille next April, and have not booked our flights yet. So afraid to book too early, and not many choices after 11am flights. If we fly out after 7pm.....what do we do with our bags all day? Can't tour around Marseille with huge suitcases. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Keep us posted on whether or not you have problems with disembarkation and catching your flight out of Marseille. We fly out of Marseille next April, and have not booked our flights yet. So afraid to book too early, and not many choices after 11am flights. If we fly out after 7pm.....what do we do with our bags all day? Can't tour around Marseille with huge suitcases. Lol

Sure! We are catching a domestic flight to Paris, so we don't need to be there as early. Our flight is at 11:30 and need to be checked in at 10:55. We have two hours to get there. We are in the Yacht club, so know we will be able to get off early, but still a bit worried.

Hi,

I think I read that there will be a rope walking/zip line area near the water slides? I would like to know what the age and height restrictions are for this.

Also if it would be possible to find out if the kids club can provide phones to parents of kids with disabilities. My son has ASD and on NCL they were able to provide us with a phone and call us if he was ready to leave. I have asked MSC phone reps this but I have been given a few different answers.

TIA

L

Hi

Apologies for the delay in response. I'm back onboard and gradually getting through all the qs. The answer to your first q is: 1m 20 cms and there is no age restriction. Here's a sneak preview of the course:

I've asked about providing phones to parents of kids with disabilities, and will get back to you as soon as I get a response.

Thanks

Adam

• 4 weeks later...
Which beer brands are available which are part of the Allegrissimo all inclusive package on board Meraviglia?

In all bars Heineken draught and in British pub John Smit´s, Newcastle brown ale, Strongbow gold, Guiness, Murphy´s, Lagunitas ipa, Stella artois, Franziskaner and Tiger. :cool:

We are back from our marvellous cruise on the Meravigilia! Wonderful experience!! We docked early at Marseille. We stayed in the Yacht Club so had priority disembarkation. We got off at about 8:20, but felt we could have gotten off sooner. Because it's not like the Caribbean, there wasn't a copious amount of people leaving, as every port has people getting on and off. I think you should be able to get off easily. It only took about 30 mins to get to the airport. It was mostly highway driving, so really no traffic issues.

Also, FYI, we had a flight at 11:30 and had loads of time. It was domestic and had to be checked in my 10:50 I think. After booking, we tried to book a transfer with MSC and they wouldn't allow us to book it unless our flight was 1:00 or after. I don't know if I would be comfortable booking an international flight before 1:00 though.

Hi,

Can someone tell me pls a twin balcony does it include a sofa bed or not necessarily?

thanks

It depends. The deck plans will show if there is a sofa bed in the cabin using either a triangle (sofa bed) or a diamond (double sofa bed) symbol. It appears that most balcony cabins have a sofa bed - but not all.

A link to the deck plans:

http://www.mscpressarea.com/media/corporate-informationitems/attachments/msc-meraviglia-technical-sheet.pdf

what is the SYMBOL for the double sofa bed that turns into a "bunk bed?" Seen pictures on a FB page, and wondering which balacony rooms those are?

It depends. The deck plans will show if there is a sofa bed in the cabin using either a triangle (sofa bed) or a diamond (double sofa bed) symbol. It appears that most balcony cabins have a sofa bed - but not all.

A link to the deck plans:

http://www.mscpressarea.com/media/corporate-informationitems/attachments/msc-meraviglia-technical-sheet.pdf