Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 3)

Host Kat

For some reason I haven't been getting the notices about the posts until today.

Judy what a great find on that pretty dress.

Marie so sorry to hear about forgetting that beautiful hat. Hope your hubby is very suprised and has a happy birthday.

ToxicFairy that dress looks stunning on you. Love the shape of it.

I just got this today at Burlington coat factory on clearance for $44.99 ( and it's a petite so no hemming!) I love it! Will be wearing it 2nd formal night of our late August cruise!498aeab5b56a99ac0446673256afd7c4.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

Beautiful gown and you looked gorgeous! I'm taking a similar gown like that to Bali next week.

M

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry to hear that you left your beautiful hat at home. I hope that you can replace it with one that you will also love.

Enjoy you stay in NYC and I hope your husband has a wonderful birthday and your horse come in first.

Thank you, Geocruiser. We went all over New York and yes, I did find one. It was the only one that close to what I was looking for. I had to buy a blue Gucci bag to match the hat. We didn't win, but had a wonderful tine.

I had a surprise dinner for him at Keens Steakhouse. There were 11 of us. We had a blast.

Have a fantastic day ladies!

Marie

e57e7e15e53dd0a96f9336f08a68309b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forumsfd69cf7b89068d48ec6b4b2ef9bd0335.jpg

Thank you Marie comming from you that means alot!!

Awww...Thank you!

I rarely give advice or comment on a post. Your gown fitted you perfectly, therefore I had to respond. To be honest I have seen many ill fitting dresses and gowns on this thread. Sometime I said to myself, if she cuts and nips a little here and there, the dress would look perfect on her. I try to stay with my color group, but I mostly focus on the style that fits my body. Congratulations on your find and have a fantastic cruise.

M

Awww...Thank you!

I rarely give advice or comment on a post. Your gown fitted you perfectly, therefore I had to respond. To be honest I have seen many ill fitting dresses and gowns on this thread. Sometime I said to myself, if she cuts and nips a little here and there, the dress would look perfect on her. I try to stay with my color group, but I mostly focus on the style that fits my body. Congratulations on your find and have a fantastic cruise.

M

I'm horrible with fashion. I've never been on trend. I wish I had a fashion sense but I'm fashion blind. I "ohhhh and ahhhh" at others but on me the same styles look silly. I'm short and was always super skinny. Then menopause hit and now I feel like the incredible Blob!

I watch this thread a lot but I don't generally post as I don't have a lot pictures of "me" in my dresses. But your post, toxicfairy, made me want to. People have their own sense of style and you don't always have to be on trend. But to me the most important thing is to find clothing that flatters you, and that item may not be the most fashion forward. For me I am tall and thin and I wear classic styles that flatter me, mostly things cut on a bias. When people see me they always say "you are so tall and thin it everything must look good on you" But that of course is not the case. It is helpful to have a friend or relative (mine was always my mom) to give an honest opinion of what looks is good on you (at least that second opinion). And to be okay if they kindly say... "well that isn't the most flattering thing for you to wear" I personally love things with empire waist... but because of my body make up that is not best thing for me to wear. So try out new trends, but you may find that something completely different looks the best on you. I am a firm believer that anyone can look amazing in the right dress. And anyone can make the right dress look amazing!!

tmee

tmee, what a lovely post:)......and I agree, depending on the body type of the person..well, finding the right dress can

definitely make a big difference........I am on the shorter side (about 5-3, a bit taller) and not thin.......we probably would

wear a totally different style of dress.....I don't like an Empire at all:eek:.......whenever I have tried one on I always feel like

it makes me look pregnant:eek:

• 2 weeks later...

Saw someone posted about what kind of dresses to wear on a similar thread. I'm 5 foot 2, thick, busty, and have T Rex arms. I basically wear wrap dresses in a ton of colors and dresses with low necklines which make me seem taller. Most long dresses make me look wider and shorter. I wore these dresses at night:

20170401_224744_resized.jpgreddressnoface.jpg20170324_215527_resized.jpg

For my last cruise, 7 nights in Alaska, I brought 3 dresses. I did carry on only so I had to be selective with what I brought. I brought dresses that hardly took up any space and could be just thrown in my duffel without really wrinkling.

Edited by CatsinShow

Hello ladies,

Spent the last two weeks in Bali for our friend's parents Diamond Anniversary. Had an amazing time. We are at the airport going to Hong Kong, Macau and China.

Our friend requested I wear my India outfit to the even. Since I wore it for the last five cruises I decided to have a new custom made.

Happy Monday [emoji8]

Marie 171fd95e99275ac822ff7473d112da00.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Porthopper101

Hello ladies,

Spent the last two weeks in Bali for our friend's parents Diamond Anniversary. Had an amazing time. We are at the airport going to Hong Kong, Macau and China.

Our friend requested I wear my India outfit to the even. Since I wore it for the last five cruise I decided to have a new custom made.

Happy Monday [emoji8]

Marie 171fd95e99275ac822ff7473d112da00.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great colors