Which deck advise Silversea Whisper

talparis

Is port side any better? I have no idea but let me know as I need to make up my mind by Monday

Thanks everybody.

Some people like being able to watch the hustle and bustle, and being able to wave from their balcony during the sail away. Personally it doesn't make much of a difference to me.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our favorite suite on the Whisper for many cruises is 639. It is starboard side, quiet, but just opposite the staircase and elevator, laundry if you need it- and, most important opposite a door to what we call the unmarked "secret verandah" on the port side. So you can just dash out from starboard to port view in seconds if there is something to see. (And there is no standard docking side for the ship. It varies, sometimes starboard, sometimes port.) The adjacent starboard deck six suites, such as 637 and 641 have similar advantages.

what a lovely advise so much insight into the boat life thanks a lot

:):):)

Our favorite suite on the Whisper for many cruises is 639. It is starboard side, quiet, but just opposite the staircase and elevator, laundry if you need it- and, most important opposite a door to what we call the unmarked "secret verandah" on the port side. So you can just dash out from starboard to port view in seconds if there is something to see. (And there is no standard docking side for the ship. It varies, sometimes starboard, sometimes port.) The adjacent starboard deck six suites, such as 637 and 641 have similar advantages.

• 1 month later...
I'd take 528. Most of my SS friends prefer deck 6, but deck 5 is my favorite...being so close to the bar probably has a bit to do about this preference.[emoji483]

I'm with you, Pash - given that trivia is held in the Bar, deck 5 is a good choice [emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Equally - if you are at sea you may see more shipping from a cabin on the port side than the starboard side.... if you are into that sort of thing.

A snippet from the Collision Regulations .. aka

International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea 1972

14. Head-on situationsWhen two power-driven vessels are meeting head-on both must alter course to starboard so that they pass on the port side of the other. "Head-on" means seeing the other vessel ahead or nearly ahead so that by night her masthead lights are actually or nearly lined up and/or seeing both her sidelights, or by day seeing a similar aspect of her."

15. Crossing situationsWhen two power-driven vessels are crossing, the vessel which has the other on the starboard side must give way and avoid crossing ahead of herFWIW