Philadelphia to Bayonne... Philadelphia to Manhattan Cruise Terminal

Looking for some help here. Not a first time cruiser, but new to cruising from NY/NJ. We have a 7 nighter from Bayonne in December and a 12 nighter from manhattan in January. We live in Philadelphia 90-120 minutes from port) and travel to NY/north jersey enough times to understand traffic. We have never sailed from these ports before. Here are my questions:

***does anyone know of a shuttle that can take us to the ports from Philadelphia? If so how much?

***how much is parking at both piers? You can walk from the lot to the check-in building, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Looking for some help here. Not a first time cruiser, but new to cruising from NY/NJ. We have a 7 nighter from Bayonne in December and a 12 nighter from manhattan in January. We live in Philadelphia 90-120 minutes from port) and travel to NY/north jersey enough times to understand traffic. We have never sailed from these ports before. Here are my questions:

***does anyone know of a shuttle that can take us to the ports from Philadelphia? If so how much?

***how much is parking at both piers? You can walk from the lot to the check-in building, right?

No shuttles from Philadelphia. Folks have used Dave's Best Limo Service.

Cape Liberty parking is $20/day. Manhattan Cruiseport parking is $40/day with a max of $400/cruise.

What are the exact dates you would be doing this? Cape Liberty would be doable price wise to drive in Dec. For Jan you might want to consider booking a refundable precruise hotel now (rates are low in Jan) and taking the train round trip. This would give you options in case of a snow event. If you must drive, you can get a park sleep at Newark Airport for $224 tax included with 21 days parking at the Ramada through trinityreservations.com and take the train/cab to Manhattan for about $80 for 2 round trip.

I have cruises booked and I got so confused. In December we will be on the Breakaway fir 7 days from NJ, and in January we will be on the Anthem for 12 nights from NJ.

I emailed Daves limo for rates, so thanks for that tip. I was going to call super shuttle to see if they're any good..

I start getting anxiety when I don't have my plans laid out ahead of time. That's why I'm trying to plan early. Thanks for the information

I have cruises booked and I got so confused. In December we will be on the Breakaway fir 7 days from NJ, and in January we will be on the Anthem for 12 nights from NJ.

I emailed Daves limo for rates, so thanks for that tip. I was going to call super shuttle to see if they're any good..

I start getting anxiety when I don't have my plans laid out ahead of time. That's why I'm trying to plan early. Thanks for the information

Ok - so that would be $280 to park in Manhattan and $240 to park at Cape Liberty.

Are you on the Jan 7 or Jan 28 cruise? I am on the Jan 28 cruise.

If a limo/shuttle service doesn't work out, post back for park/sleep/cruise options for Cape Liberty.

Be careful with the shuttle services. They may pick you up at the pier and then stop at newark aiport for passengers there. That is unless they get a full load from the pier. We are in the same position as you, unless you want to do amtrak or a bus there is no better way to go except drive. Parking at the terminal for a week is 270, when you do the math if a hotel the day before, car service to the terminal. There is not much of a difference.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

I've sailed out of the Manhattan 3 times. I live in Fort Washington, PA. Its a super easy drive, parking at the pier is even more easy.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/8102+Hull+Drive,+Wyndmoor,+PA+19038-7510,+USA/Manhattan+Cruise+Terminal,+12th+Avenue,+New+York,+NY/@40.7638663,-74.0061129,15z/am=t/data=!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x89c6ba2649c08df3:0x202a426da1844101!2m2!1d-75.188012!2d40.085811!1m5!1m1!1s0x89c25a151b7d5b8b:0x33e7db2f6f3ab119!2m2!1d-73.9963008!2d40.7693357

The only issue we had once was about a 10 minute delay in the Lincoln Tunnel, this was on a weekend. Other than that its a no brainer. Their are cheaper places to park near the pier, I have not used them

Thanks for the info! I know we have time, but I think we will drive.. we have the 7 nighter on the Breakaway from ny in December (12/15) and then the 12 nighter on the anthem from Bayonne in January (1/7). To save a few dollars, maybe, or the convenience of driving. I think we'll drive.

• 2 weeks later...
I really like Dave's Best Limo. Tomorrow will be my third time using them. Door to door for 120 from Philly.

From what I have read that there is a possibility that unless your van is full and the can make a stop at either Newark or somewhere else close they will do that and you may have to wait for a plane to come in. Is this the case? Also can you select what time you get to the pier or is it predicated on them possibily dropping off at EWR or somewhere else as well.

• 3 weeks later...

We're in Philly as well. There are 6 of us, and we take the Mega bus or Bolt bus from Philly to NYC, then uber to the pier. cost me less than $100 round trip for all 6 of us plus uber. Can't beat it. Pier parking is $35/day I believe, not to mention having to actually drive to NYC

Not sure if this could be of help. We use TransBridge Bus. They leave from Bethlehem, PA and have service to Bayonne Pier and NYC Pier. You can leave your car at their bus terminal. First three days are free then $5 per day after that. You have to make reservations. They have a really good senior and child rate. Have used them many times before and will be using them next month.

I believe pier parking at NYC is now $45 a day.

It's $40 per day.

To each his own, but I can't understand why some people drive all the way to Bethlehem, PA from Central NJ or the Philadelphia area to take a bus to Bayonne or Manhattan. It might save a few dollars, but to me time is also money and the amount of additional travel time involved is very significant.

We catch the bus in Clinton which is only 10 minutes from our house. With the senior discount, it is only $10 each way to EWR and $17 each way to NY pier or Bayonne. Sure beats the tolls and parking costs for NYC pier. Less than an hour to NYC, EWR, or Bayonne for us. Very reasonable for us.

We catch the bus in Clinton which is only 10 minutes from our house. With the senior discount, it is only $10 each way to EWR and $17 each way to NY pier or Bayonne. Sure beats the tolls and parking costs for NYC pier. Less than an hour to NYC, EWR, or Bayonne for us. Very reasonable for us.

Catching the bus in Clinton when you live only 10 minutes away from your home is one thing, but I've seen posters recommend going to Bethlehem and vicinity from much further away, and that is what doesn't make sense to me. I wouldn't fly from EWR to BOS to get to MIA even if it turned out to cost a few dollars less than flying directly to MIA. Why would I want to add 50 or 75% to my travel time...but that's exactly what some of the recommendations to drive to the Lehigh Valley to catch a bus back to Bayonne or NY amount to.

It's $40 per day.

To each his own, but I can't understand why some people drive all the way to Bethlehem, PA from Central NJ or the Philadelphia area to take a bus to Bayonne or Manhattan. It might save a few dollars, but to me time is also money and the amount of additional travel time involved is very significant.

We are from Philadelphia and are driving to Bethlehem to take the Trans-Bridge bus for a few reasons.. we don't want to pay the $40/day to park, it's cheaper to bus it than to pay, we don't want to fight traffic, we want to relax and let someone else do the driving. Yes, it's s bit more in time, but I have peace of mind concerning my budget. It's only an extra hour or so.. it's okay for us.