MSC Divina Review - Family Vacation - 6/17 - 6/24

slei15

Thank you for the review. It brings back wonderful memories of our cruise on the divina in april. We stayed in room 11036, very close to yours. You mentioned Gilbert. He was our room attendant too. I think that guy is a mind reader. Not only did he make sure that whatever we needed was given, he also did things even before we could ask him.

Gilbert was awesome. A lot of the crew really seem to be going above and beyond right now in hopes of earning a "promotion" to the Seaside. We heard that from more than 1 crew member when we were discussing the Seaside inaugural in December. Quite a few senior officers will be moving from Divina to Seaside from what we were told.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was also on this cruise with a group of 15 other family members. I am diamond on Royal, so my husband and I were black card members on this cruise. I agree that this ship is beautiful. I don't feel that I got familiar enough with it, maybe because I am so used to Royal's ships. I do agree that the hot tub was not nearly hot enough. I take hotter baths than that! Also, one really big problem is that there is no walk in entry to any of the pools, so if you can not climb a latter to get in and out, you can't use the pool. They have a lot of tables in the shade by the pool, but they could use more loungers there, less tables.

We had no problems with the food both in dining room or buffet. Some hits and misses, as with all cruises. Service in both was fine.

The picture area the last night was chaos to say the least! Don't wait until then to pick up pictures.

We basically took this cruise for 2 reasons--price, and itenarary. Royal has switched Ocho Rios for Falmouth and many of their ships don't go to Grand Caymen. These were 2 musts for us. We climbed the falls then went river tubing through a private tour with Mark, which was fabulous. We took a private boat to sting ray city with Native Way Watersports, which was also fabulous. Both were extremely reasonable.

All in all, there are some differences, as expected. Some good, some not. We have another cruise planned in Feb. on Divina, just my husband and I which is easier, and hope to check out Seaside with the kids and grandchildren.