Carrying your own luggage

I'manewbie

I'm new to MSC but not to cruising and have a cruise on the Musica out of Venice booked for early October. I'm almost too ignorant to even know what I don't know at this point but one question I have concerns disembarkation. My husband and I travel light and always carry our own luggage off the ship - will we have an assigned time to do this or will it be like other cruiselines where we go either early or at any time? Starting to worry that the combo of Bella and a 12:30 flight might lead to problems... Oh and I still am unsure if we'll be allowed water with dinner. Thanks to all who can enlighten!

If you are from the United States you can go on the MSC website and order your water for dinner at no charge. When we were on the MSC Poesia and Bella in April, we were assigned our time to get off the ship and they did not allow you to carry your own luggage off and you left by status and then by floor. Large groups also got priority. We were one of the last to be able to leave. We did not have a flight so it was not a huge issue for us but I had hoped to start my day in Venice much earlier. I would cal them now to see if they will allow you off the ship earlier due to your flight. I have to say they were very well organized and there were no crowds trying to get off.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm new to MSC but not to cruising and have a cruise on the Musica out of Venice booked for early October. I'm almost too ignorant to even know what I don't know at this point but one question I have concerns disembarkation. My husband and I travel light and always carry our own luggage off the ship - will we have an assigned time to do this or will it be like other cruiselines where we go either early or at any time? Starting to worry that the combo of Bella and a 12:30 flight might lead to problems... Oh and I still am unsure if we'll be allowed water with dinner. Thanks to all who can enlighten!

You will be assigned a time and place.

Thanks for your reply. I called MSC yesterday to ask a few questions and was told:

1)they will let us depart with our carry on luggage at any time

2)there is no government discount, just military discount

3)water will be served at dinner, no further action needed

Since these answers seem counter to what I've read on cruise critics I think I'll call again on Monday. Really shouldn't be this difficult...

WE had 1:55 flight and with priority disembarkation we had no more than 30 min to spare in airport

Thanks for your reply. I called MSC yesterday to ask a few questions and was told:

1)they will let us depart with our carry on luggage at any time

2)there is no government discount' date=' just military discount

3)water will be served at dinner, no further action needed

Since these answers seem counter to what I've read on cruise critics I think I'll call again on Monday. Really shouldn't be this difficult...[/quote']

They will not let you go at any time. they do check luggage tags and only people with proper colour can go. do not trust what MSC USA tells you. Put free water on your account basket. It should be affected on your cruise card and waiter will ask for this .

I can tell you what a lady told me yesterday, she was on Divina in May, she said they did have self assist, and you are one of the first people to get off the ship.

I asking her questions about MSC and I never been and had a few things to find out. That was one of the questions.

Uuugh. OP here. I had planned to try customer service again today but the family(me included) has come down with what can only be described as the plague. It is unsettling that getting conclusive info is so difficult. And let's just say that my stomach doesn't need to be more unsettled...

Thank you all for sharing your experiences.

I can tell you what a lady told me yesterday, she was on Divina in May, she said they did have self assist, and you are one of the first people to get off the ship.

I asking her questions about MSC and I never been and had a few things to find out. That was one of the questions.

Divina is in USA not in Venice there is different rules in different countries .

Uuugh. OP here. I had planned to try customer service again today but the family(me included) has come down with what can only be described as the plague. It is unsettling that getting conclusive info is so difficult. And let's just say that my stomach doesn't need to be more unsettled...

Thank you all for sharing your experiences.

Problem is that you will call USA again and they have no clue what is going on in Venice. Check this board for Venice debarkation and you will find your answer . There is no option in Venice to carry on your luggage from ship. Just go with your tickets to Reception 2 days before debarkation and ask for first time out. book land taxi in advance, talk to security in airport to let you go fast if you see you late and you should be fine .