Danville to SF pier 27 transportation

RSF Cruiser

I need non-stop transportation from Danville, CA to the SF pier in July. My daughter just moved to Danville, so all of us are unfamiliar with the area and transportation services. Does anyone have any recommendations?

I found ABC Shuttle service and their online estimator said it would cost $86 for two of us. Yelp reviews were mainly negative, so I'm really hesitant to pick them.

Tri-Valley Transportation had better reviews, but the price is $136.

Lyft and Uber give ranges from ~$50-80 for a larger vehicle with room for our luggage.

Are there other shuttle services I should look into? Any I should keep away from?

Thanks!!!

I don't know about east bay ride services, but some other options you could consider:

If you can get a ride into Walnut Creek, you can take BART to the Embarcadero station, from which the pier is a pretty flat mile walk. Obviously, you'd need to be able to handle your luggage through that.

You could also look into a one-way car rental. There are a few different rental agencies within about a mile of the pier (and on the streetcar line, if you don't feel like walking after you drop off). Depending on the length of your cruise, this might be cheaper than parking your own car.

You can drive, and park near the pier. Impark is the official partner of Pier 27, and has a couple of lots within a block or two of the pier, at $18/day.

We don't live too far from Danville, and what we do is we drive over there (SF) and park in the garage. We used to park st 55 Francisco, it it is my understanding that isn't an option lately. 80 Francisco, across the street is now the recommended Parking lot, and you need to reserve in advance. We like to drive an old, crummy car as opposed to our nicer vehicles. Also, one can reserve parking online to park at Bart, in your case, Walnut Creek or Lafayette station, and you reserve through Select a Spot, and parking is only $7 per day and free on weekends, you print the voucher and put it in your windshield and you can park in the closest parking spots as long as it is before 10:00 am. You would Bart to embarcadero station and from there either walk 3/4 of a mile approx OR Uber to the port.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you for the suggestions. For others who may be interested, a one way car rental with a pick up in San Ramon and drop off at the Moscone Center is $87 - which includes the $25 drop off fee (I don't know if I can name the rental car company). The agency closer to the pier didn't accept one way rental drop offs for some reason. We'll either rent a car or take Lyft/Uber - we'll have too much luggage to easily take BART.

Thank you for the suggestions. For others who may be interested, a one way car rental with a pick up in San Ramon and drop off at the Moscone Center is $87 - which includes the $25 drop off fee (I don't know if I can name the rental car company). The agency closer to the pier didn't accept one way rental drop offs for some reason. We'll either rent a car or take Lyft/Uber - we'll have too much luggage to easily take BART.

From the south bay, I was able to get a one-way rental without a "drop fee," and the drop-off is near Fisherman's Wharf (much closer than Moscone). Unfortunately, it looks like that agency (Avis) doesn't have a location in Danville.

Once you are used to the area I'd say BART, but for the time being UberXL.

Ditto. We live in Sausalito and Uber picks us up at the door, we can track them on the IPad, and they drop us off at the pier. About $60. This is definitely not a place you want to save a few bucks.