Bayonne Departure

myacuna

I am about to book flights for my September Anthem Cruise. We have arrival covered but for our return, would we be safe booking an 11:30 AM flight out of EWR (Newark)? I know we can do self-assist and should be off the ship by 8/8:30, and can be to the airport fairly early. But wanted to make sure I am not missing something.

Also, any recommendations on how best to travel from the port to EWR? Book in advance? Lyft? I will be traveling with my husband and 3 year old, who will have a car seat.

Thank you for any insight!

• 2 weeks later...

Weekend or weekday?

Weekend should not be a problem but I would not do it on a weekday. We came back on Anthem on a Thursday and it took over an hour to get out of Bayonne. We left the ship after 9 am hoping to miss rush hour. We were driving so it was not a big issue but traffic was TERRIBLE.

I am about to book flights for my September Anthem Cruise. We have arrival covered but for our return, would we be safe booking an 11:30 AM flight out of EWR (Newark)? I know we can do self-assist and should be off the ship by 8/8:30, and can be to the airport fairly early. But wanted to make sure I am not missing something.

Also, any recommendations on how best to travel from the port to EWR? Book in advance? Lyft? I will be traveling with my husband and 3 year old, who will have a car seat.

Thank you for any insight!

There are currently several threads about early flights which you should read.

Book a car service in advance. Monitor the ship's arrival. Do what you have to do to get yourselves through customs and immigration by 8 am. Traffic can be awful. There is construction at EWR. You will be doing this on a Thursday morning.

Return will be a Thursday. We will do self assist to get off asap. I'll likely book car service so we can guarantee a vehicle to be available for us. I'm not terribly worried, but would prefer not to miss a flight. Luckily there are a ton more into CLT if it happens.

Rolling the dice here, hoping for the best. Thanks everyone for your input

Sent from my iPhone using Forums